Madley Admits His Mistake

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

All well and good apologising 6 years down the line, but that game killed any feint chances we had of getting autos that season. 

I know but, at the end of the day, it was a mistake. Nothing vindictive about it. And Chris Martin did have a reputation for going down very easily.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know but, at the end of the day, it was a mistake. Nothing vindictive about it. And Chris Martin did have a reputation for going down very easily.

Oh I agree with that. I'm still bitter at him for the potential sums of money that mistake cost our club, though. 

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He first yellow was for persistent fouling when even The Football League show agreed that none were fouls and one was even a foul on Martin. 

He went into that game with a clear agenda. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

He first yellow was for persistent fouling when even The Football League show agreed that none were fouls and one was even a foul on Martin. 

He went into that game with a clear agenda. 

Sorry I don’t believe referees at the top level in this country go into games with agendas. Everyone is human and makes errors - that day Madley did.

Move on people - far more important things in life.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry I don’t believe referees at the top level in this country go into games with agendas. Everyone is human and makes errors - that day Madley did.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a vindictive agenda. A case of ‘right, he goes down easily, I’m gonna be harsh in him’ and he goes too far the other way 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

We've ballsed up 5 more attempts at getting promoted since then I guess they all were Madleys fault too

Lol? The point is his apology is little consolation to his piss poor decisions at the time costing us a shot at autos, making a random straw man point doesn't detract from that. 

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Every game we get people on here complaining that the ref is biased or hates Derby when it is nothing of the sort. People make mistakes - even with VAR they still make mistakes. Some referees are better than others.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

At least he's confessed to having dropped a clanger which is more than I've ever heard (pr)Atwell do and he has been much more culpable. 

To be fair, I don’t think working referees are allowed social media. This has only come about because he got sacked 18 months ago and was allowed Twitter.

Fair play for admitting it was a duck up. This further evidences imo that VAR would probably be improved by allowing refs to look at the screen themselves more often. Madley obviously knew he made a mistake as soon as he saw a replay for the first time. If we allow refs to look at the screen and make their own mind up on whether they’ve made a mistake or not, then I think we’ll get better decisions. Most refs aren’t arrogant enough to refuse to admit they were wrong.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

We dropped a lot of points that season. 

Context is important here, if we'd got something out of that Burnley game there would have been more pressure on Burnley players (potential for them to have dropped more if a rival is closer to them in the table) but also our slump after the Burnley game was partially down to missing Martin, and partially down to the loss in confidence from losing. The chances it'd have been different are still remote, but we were robbed of the chance of ever knowing due to his bad refereeing. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Context is important here, if we'd got something out of that Burnley game there would have been more pressure on Burnley players (potential for them to have dropped more if a rival is closer to them in the table) but also our slump after the Burnley game was partially down to missing Martin, and partially down to the loss in confidence from losing. The chances it'd have been different are still remote, but we were robbed of the chance of ever knowing due to his bad refereeing. 

That’s quite a stretch. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That’s quite a stretch. 

As I did say even myself, the chances are still quite remote. But it was a big swing of momentum in our season the Burnley game, with the fixtures directly after being evidence of this.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As I did say even myself, the chances are still quite remote. But it was a big swing of momentum in our season the Burnley game, with the fixtures directly after being evidence of this.

If the team and manager were really that fragile, perhaps we got what we deserve. 

for happier memories, try to remember the good times. Like all those free kicks won by Martin’s diving. 

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That’s quite a stretch. 

We needed a nine-point swing. Play that second half with the scores level, XI v XI (when we controlled the game with 10) and then have Martin available for the Millwall loss the game following. 

No great stretch there.

Archived