The Politics Thread 2020

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you disputing any of the content?

Who is doing the fact checking? 

I'm not really shocked about the responses. There could be a video of her taking stuff and putting  it in the boot of her car and they'd claim she was just doing an audit ?? 

One of their own.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'm not really shocked about the responses. There could be a video of her taking stuff and putting  it in the boot of her car and they'd claim she was just doing an audit ?? 

One of their own.

It would be a great start. Something more than some words on a right supporting blog. 

27 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The levels you'll stoop to, to cover for one of your own. ???

I don't know her, nor do I work for the state, nor am I a member of any political party, so I fail to see how she's one of my own.

I could ask why you're so invested in this matter that two of your last three sources quoted are St Kitts and Nevis registered businesses owned by Paul Staines, the four times criminally convicted right winger, but then I'd be perilously close to calling you a political activist yourself, which would never do.

11 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I don't know her, nor do I work for the state, nor am I a member of any political party, so I fail to see how she's one of my own.

I could ask why you're so invested in this matter that two of your last three sources quoted are St Kitts and Nevis registered businesses owned by Paul Staines, the four times criminally convicted right winger, but then I'd be perilously close to calling you a political activist yourself, which would never do.

You caught me. I'm on the payroll too. ??

This is all quite fascinating to witness. Nothing to see here. ??

15 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You caught me. I'm on the payroll too. ??

This is all quite fascinating to witness. Nothing to see here. ??

A complete non answer is the best you can do?

Don't bother calling others out, if you can't muster a better response yourself!

13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

And what of the other, relating to the Times Cobra article? 

???? 

Just stick to the emojis Gboro ?

I don't put sound on my phone so it's a video of a bloke sat in a chair. If it's written down I'll read it but I'm not one for watching videos, sorry. Description you gave sounds unrelated to the first link though. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't put sound on my phone so it's a video of a bloke sat in a chair. If it's written down I'll read it but I'm not one for watching videos, sorry. Description you gave sounds unrelated to the first link though. 

One of the resident right-wingers tried the same with me a few months ago, and was quite miffed that the video didn't instantly convert me to his way of thinking. No subtitles, me deaf.

3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

A complete non answer is the best you can do?

Don't bother calling others out, if you can't muster a better response yourself!

You should read the thread back. I asserted that there are political activists spreading misinformation. They ask for some, i give them the example. Her original tweet did the rounds in the national media. 

Then the story develops and she's shown to have been a naughty girl. Still the focus is on people like her, political activists spreading misinformation. That's my argument ? But let's just brush that under the rug, shall we??

Article didn't accuse her of stealing. I didn't either. But it doesn't look good, does it? I joke she could litterally get caught on camera stealing and people would still deny it. 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You should read the thread back. I asserted that there are political activists spreading misinformation. They ask for some, i give them the example. Her original tweet did the rounds in the national media. 

Then the story develops and she's shown to have been a naughty girl. Still the focus is on people like her, political activists spreading misinformation. That's my argument ? But let's just brush that under the rug, shall we??

Article didn't accuse her of stealing. I didn't either. But it doesn't look good, does it? I joke she could litterally get caught on camera stealing and people would still deny it. 

What makes you less of a political activist than her?

You keep saying she's a naughty girl, why?

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

What makes you less of a political activist than her?

You keep saying she's a naughty girl, why?

Because it suits an agenda. Doesn't show anything other than a site known for bias and inaccuracy that says it, expects me to disprove it.

10 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Quite an interesting thread if you have 10 mins.

Very interesting.

''Further : The accounts originally pushed for the 'herd immunity'. In later days they changed tack and were were pushing for the country to 'open up again'. Not to much of a stretch that the operation was to test the waters for a change in policy. Just a theory.''

I initially agree with that theory. A use of propaganda I did not expect. Is this the new normal..the new focus group. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Think that’s a daft approach, if I had taken that approach with the tommy Robinson video posted on here by Steve it would have meant nothing and the best I would have to go on would be the lazy predictable stuff where when you dig it turns out to be edited twisted stuff that ends up giving the wrong impression because it shows more what’s wrong with the reporting / reporter than the subject where as having the volume on quickly debunks the picture of a character that has grown from the obvious younger version,

tut tut g , 

Archived