43 from 21

Ramleicester

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With so many teams in and around the play offs they'll be consistently taking points off one another.  We'll need at least a couple of runs where we win four or more on the bounce but it is possible.  A lot will depend on how big the 'Rooney effect' is; who we bring in, in January; and how we perform in a potentially tough last five or six games.

Fingers crossed...

17 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

That is (taking rough averages) what we need rest of the season to sneak into playoffs?

Two per game.... the eternal stat in the Championship. 21 more performances like the last one. One team ALWAYS finishes like that. Will it be DCFC?

No.

We're in a mid-table season. Lets all be at peace with that. The hope will kill you.

I said this on the other thread...

Out of the 21 games left, we'd probably have to win 13, draw only 5 and not lose any more than 3. That would be some turnaround but definitely not impossible, considering how tight the league is this year and how teams around top 6 consistently drop points like Preston and Sheffield Wednesday. 

If we win the next few, which are winnable games, we'll shoot up that table and all of a sudden it looks a lot more doable. Don't want to get over excited yet, let's just get out of the bottom half but from then on...who knows?

No chance as we stand at the moment imo. We’re nowhere near consistent enough to put that run of form together. There’s Quality there, but there’s also too many players capable of a total stinker to be the team that comes from nowhere. 

But of course, we’re is a transfer window right now. Who knows what squad we’ll have at the end. Hopefully one that is capable of that run of form. If for once we have a good January window, its not impossible. But right now, even with Rooney, I don’t think we’re capable of that sort of points return.

Middlesbrough looking the more likely...on for their 4th win in a row and one of them was away to West Brom.

We might do well against Barnsley but It only takes us to lose 2 or 3 nil against Middlesbrough and everyone will be brought back down to Earth. 

Rooney plus two cracking signings made from imminent investment cash will save the day. If we had turned up on three of our worst performances we would obviously have made it easier. I am hopeful of at least taking it down to the last two games needing six points to just sneak in to play offs. Surely Rooney is worth an extra ten points if he remains injury free. 

4 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

That is (taking rough averages) what we need rest of the season to sneak into playoffs?

Two per game.... the eternal stat in the Championship. 21 more performances like the last one. One team ALWAYS finishes like that. Will it be DCFC?

Settle down lol

weve beat a pretty inept and injury ravaged charlton side 

plenty of positives to take, and let’s enjoy it 

but let’s also be sensible shall we 

Cos it’s this sort of bi polar 

we’ve won we’re amazing 

we’ve lost we’re crap 

is just rediculous

ba humbug lol;)

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Surely we're a better side than Middleborough.... surely

I’d have thought we were a better side than half the teams above us but that’s the championship! 

To be fair Middlesbrough have some good players and they’re on big money, they just didn’t seem to play as a team.

I'd rather us just fall short this year whilst climbing the league table and seeing more and more flashes of what Cocu wants from the team. 

Between 8-10th with some really promising performances by the end of the season and a few decent unbeaten runs thrown in whilst allowing our youngsters to make mistakes and not groaning at their every misplaced pass would do me fine! 

Rather not have these young lads that are starting to excel labelled as bottlers for being trounced in the play offs after sneaking in... 

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Rather not have these young lads that are starting to excel labelled as bottlers for being trounced in the play offs after sneaking in... 

If we made the playoffs I highly doubt we'd be trounced, simply because we'd have to go on a long unbeaten run to get there anyway. Look at villa last season, same position as us, then won ten games on the trot and went up. Winning breeds confidence.

On 01/01/2020 at 15:12, Rammy03 said:

I said this on the other thread...

Out of the 21 games left, we'd probably have to win 13, draw only 5 and not lose any more than 3. That would be some turnaround but definitely not impossible, considering how tight the league is this year and how teams around top 6 consistently drop points like Preston and Sheffield Wednesday. 

If we win the next few, which are winnable games, we'll shoot up that table and all of a sudden it looks a lot more doable. Don't want to get over excited yet, let's just get out of the bottom half but from then on...who knows?

Having 7 or 8 points to catch up  sounds fairly easy and do-able ..   That in bold sounds pretty much impossible.  So I did the Maths and it still annoyingly rings true, so going to forget it. Can we delete it mods? 

On 01/01/2020 at 13:57, Ramleicester said:

I'll have some of what you're injecting...

pulp fiction smiling GIF

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That in bold sounds pretty much impossible. 

The way I worded it makes it sound impossible. The reality is, we need 40 points from 20 games. I reckon this year that you'll need 73 points to finish sixth place. 

Archived