Jason Knight Knight Knight

Day

10 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Ed Dawes reckons  he reminds him of Jeff Hendrick. Nonsense he reminds me of Roy Keane. A nice Roy Keane.

IMO both are poor comparison. Knight can play both wings and movement compared to Hendrick is on totally different level.

And what is nice Roy Keane? Nothing? Just void which is still annoying, stupid and dangerous?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one tough cookie. Not content with putting his head near a defenders' flying boot then clattering into the post to score the first goal, he's tackled on the edge of their box but gets up almost immediately to find space at the far post to bag the second. He's still only 18 and he's ours!

On 31/12/2019 at 00:42, Millenniumram said:

Have to admit, I wasn’t sure about him after his first few appearances in the first team. Obviously a highly rated talent at his age, and to reach the first team squad is damn good going, but I wasn’t entirely sure he was ready yet.

That was my concern too. I try not to rush to judgement on our young players simply because there have been too many false dawns, and because we do tend to over inflate their ability because we make allowances for their inexperienced, but I really didn’t see the hype. He didn’t do anything wrong in the first few games I saw him, but he didn’t really do anything of note either.

So that performance was an eye opener for me. Keep that up, and we have a player. 

5 minutes ago, ck- said:

That was my concern too. I try not to rush to judgement on our young players simply because there have been too many false dawns, and because we do tend to over inflate their ability because we make allowances for their inexperienced, but I really didn’t see the hype. He didn’t do anything wrong in the first few games I saw him, but he didn’t really do anything of note either.

So that performance was an eye opener for me. Keep that up, and we have a player. 

Yeah, I do feel like sometimes people go a little OTT on how good players from the academy are because they’re “one of our own”. Which is fine of course, and it’s good to have faith and belief in the youngsters. But we don’t want to put too much pressure on them as that’ll only harm their development.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, David said:

Probably is, will have to take your word for it seeing as you’re not linking us to it

Link worked for me on a desktop - you're not trying to look at it on one of them weird green fruit devices are you?

12 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Link worked for me on a desktop - you're not trying to look at it on one of them weird green fruit devices are you?

He edited his post after my heads up, look at the quote and his post

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://t.co/TajHdjzc3T?amp=1

Great article, giving the Irish perspective.

Only got as far as the second paragraph.

If he's duckin' off to Barca in the next couple of years, he can do one!  After all we've done for him!  
If I had his autograph, I'd throw it right back at him! 

Wish I'd never applauded his name-call last night now!   

?

EDIT:
Ok... I went back and read the rest.  I take that back... He'll do, I suppose, even if it only for a couple of years... and the money from Barca won't do any harm, I guess!    :-)

On 31/12/2019 at 10:50, Dimmu said:

IMO both are poor comparison. Knight can play both wings and movement compared to Hendrick is on totally different level.

And what is nice Roy Keane? Nothing? Just void which is still annoying, stupid and dangerous?

the Roy keane comparison stems soley from the fact they are both Irish

• 5 months later...

Archived