• Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Not too much to do in January ?

New

Bogle - New - New - Lowe

New - Bielik - New

New - Rooney - New

(Manager - New)

Agree with all the players but I'm maintaining that I'd like Cocu to stick around. 

The digging through the Norwich forum I did during Farke's first year has probably made by feelings about Cocu incapable of dropping to "Get him out" in his first year ? 
They were as fed up, if not more so, with him.

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

You are allowed to say we are ducking crap ? 

I’ll stick with just not very good. We can be absolutely ducking terrible, but even when we are playing better, it’s not very good.

as pointed out earlier, with the exception of Bielik starting, this is probably our strongest 11 available, it can improve from what it’s doing now, but I’m not sure how drastically it can improve, it’s just not a very good team.

The first 10-15 minutes we were OK; looked to be easing into the game and playing more direct stuff.

Since Millwall started putting their feet on the ball the players have stopped doing everything different they were doing in the opening and are just passing it around to no effect. 

Its completely unforgivable that these players lack the footballing intelligence to recognise that they can't "take the safe option" and turn a counter-attack back into a slow build-up against a team that's built around solid, disciplined defending.

Were briefly in a 3v4 position there and we chose to work the ball back to our defenders and suddenly had 11 Millwall players to play through. 

Lawrence scored, ruled out for offside. 

Standing in an offside position when Martin mishit a shot. I say standing, meandering - assuming the ball wouldn't come back to him. No effort from him at all.

Good finish though

Just now, SaintRam said:

Its completely unforgivable that these players lack the footballing intelligence to recognise that they can't "take the safe option" and turn a counter-attack back into a slow build-up against a team that's built around solid, disciplined defending.

Were briefly in a 3v4 position there and we chose to work the ball back to our defenders and suddenly had 11 Millwall players to play through. 

Now that is down to Cocu in my opinion. They would only do that if told to. Under Lampard that almost never happened 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Agree with all the players but I'm maintaining that I'd like Cocu to stick around. 

The digging through the Norwich forum I did during Farke's first year has probably made by feelings about Cocu incapable of dropping to "Get him out" in his first year ? 
They were as fed up, if not more so, with him.

I started the season with a 'no matter the results, he shouldn't be sacked' mentality, but we seem to be going backwards. Injuries and the off-field incident hasn't helped, but I can't see how Cocu even wants us to play. We have £15 million + in talent in the attacking areas and have 1 of the worst scoring records in the league, we can't defend and can't hold onto leads on the rare occasions we get them.  

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Now that is down to Cocu in my opinion. They would only do that if told to. Under Lampard that almost never happened 

They do it, usually - because when the ball reaches Martin our "runners" are being outpaced by their defenders. He plays it to someone out wide who gets isolated and either has to take on their man or go backwards.

No-one we have can take on their man, so they always go backwards. 

So I disagree, I don't think its tactical.

Archived