V Millwall matchday thread

oomarkwright

On 13/12/2019 at 14:21, NottsRam77 said:

I’m still digesting how they can charge 62 quid for two tickets for this one 

Did you notice how they put a 15% discount on the tickets for the Sheff Wed game about a week beforehand? I had booked mine at the time I sorted the hotel, but I asked if they’d carry forward the offer to another game - the answer? No. Loyal supporters need a loyal club. There’s been a lot to fall out of love with this season ?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Our players are not very good. Why blame the manager? 

Millwall players aren't very good and they're making it look easy against us. Why give the manager a free pass? Bogle and Lowe are good, Davies has been a good defender at this level for years, Holmes is decent, Lawrence on his day can win games, Waghorn has scored plenty of goals at this level and Martin is our best striker of the past decade. If Rowett can get a team made up of bang average players playing well, why can't someone like Cocu get our team performing well in games like these? 

If Jim Smith was around now there wouldn’t be a tea cup left alive in the dressing room. 
A few weeks ago I believed I detected some ‘green shoots’. Since then we seem to have gone backwards. The formation that gave me hope has been abandoned in favour of I know not what, the team seems to be being selected by a bingo machine and there is no discernible cohesion. 
I recognise all the arguments about lack of a pre season, not his players, injuries etc but surely it should be better than this? A good man manager must be able to motivate a team to fight collectively. Passion goes a long way to compensating for a lack of skill. 

We did this under Lampard aswell not turning up first half. Another worry was after Wednesday cocu said we were better second half and should have won. Does he watch the same games or does he stream another match on an ipad we didnt look like scoring on wednesday and only drew because we got a soft penalty. 

I've just looked at the table and I'll tell you now we could seriously go down if we dobt get out acts together there isn't a single team I would say will definitely go down. Barnsley and Luton maybe but they can pick up wins.

Some good play from TL there to hold up play and start a Derby attack. Better.

We work the ball into the area twice; both times at the feet of Holmes but he can't create space for a shot. Waghorn recieved the ball after good work from Lowe a little earlier and I'm surprised he played it to Holmes instead of trying to turn and shoot.

Lawrence squares it to Waghorn 7 yards out, but he loops the finish over the bar.

Still the "shots on target" stat column as a zero in it. But it absolutely shouldn't. 

not seen anything like this before. The team selections are just crazy but at the same time the players don’t really seem like they fancy playing, the managers interviews saying we are playing well, I haven’t seen this team play well for a long time. Just get Cocu out and get back to basics, he’s lost the dressing room. 

You can't dictate the game with a triangle of Davies, Forsyth & Evans being the base to start your play from, Tom Lawrence a a number 10 (or Lawrence anywhere).

We don't have any fit players who can a)make a tackle, or b)carry the ball forward through midfield who then have enough quality to play a telling pass.

Holmes is having to do the defensive donkey work when Evans plays. He's not actually good enough on the ball to be a persistent Championship starter anyway, but he's all we've got.

Dowell had been crap. Knight is looking every bitt the academy player.

We don't have the players to play ANY system without a fully fit squad.

It's make do and mend in January, as it was the day the window shut, and our squad has been weakened significantly even since then.

We're ducked

Sat in Frankie & Benny's waiting for an Uber.

I really can't remember such a toxic atmosphere recently, can't stay in the East Stand another minute longer without laying some cockwomble out, so have removed myself from it.

It's not good on the pitch, but it's worse in the stands.

Hamer punches a cross and absolutely obliterates George Evans. 

Receiving treatment. I'll be surprised if he's not concussed. Looked like a bobble head in the slowmo replay.

Archived