UEFA Youth League - U19s v Akranes

Bubbles

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Confirmed in round of 16: Bayern München, Benfica, Juventus

Confirmed in play-offs: Atlético Madrid, Lyon, Derby County*, Dynamo Kyiv*, Midtjylland*, Porto (holders)*, Rangers*, Real Zaragoza*, Sheriff Tiraspol*

Confirmed in top two (can make last 16 or play-offs): Ajax, Atalanta, Liverpool, LOSC Lille, Real Madrid, Salzburg

Cannot finish in top two: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Chelsea, Genk, Lokomotiv Moskva, Napoli, Olympiacos, Paris Saint-Germain, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Zenit

Crikey, No Barca & Chelsea?!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

If there's ever been a time to get off your backside and support more than the first team, this is it. 

These games are all about the vision of the club, the experience the players will get not just from the competition but from the support they get from the stands. 

And as you will have read from other supporters who dont regularly go but went last night, it's actually very entertaining, and it's FREE. 

Lyon or Atletico would do ?

14 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If there's ever been a time to get off your backside and support more than the first team, this is it. 

These games are all about the vision of the club, the experience the players will get not just from the competition but from the support they get from the stands. 

And as you will have read from other supporters who dont regularly go but went last night, it's actually very entertaining, and it's FREE. 

Knockout dates 

Play-off draw: 16 December
Play-offs: 11/12 February
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 14 February
Round of 16: 3/4 March
Quarter-finals: 17/18 March
Semi-final: 17 April, Nyon
Final: 20 April, Nyon

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Knockout dates 

Play-off draw: 16 December
Play-offs: 11/12 February
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 14 February
Round of 16: 3/4 March
Quarter-finals: 17/18 March
Semi-final: 17 April, Nyon
Final: 20 April, Nyon

Nyon?! 

So even the final is going to be a spectated by people standing around in a field? ? 

Just now, Spanish said:

image.png.2c8d3668c30224dbfec174c302540d61.png

Aye that's the type of environment I was facetiously referring to ? 

I figured they wouldn't literally be standing around a field. But someone is going to be running off to collect the ball ? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Aye that's the type of environment I was facetiously referring to ? 

I figured they wouldn't literally be standing around a field. But someone is going to be running off to collect the ball ? 

the pitch is the one to the right I think.  I suppose it is good to share around these types of events to the UEFA 'family'.  I run for GB as an old git and you get to run in some quite weird out of the way locations.  The locations are always top notch but you wouldn't see top athletics events there normally.  Because it is a bit extreme for these places to have hundreds of athletes from all points of the compass you get treated really well by the locals

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Supposedly a 7200 capacity stadium

Is there an image of the stadium? Rather than the complex?

Cos the complex image just shows one stand. So people are still going to be chasing after the ball ? 

We were a class apart last night without Bogle, Sibley and Buchanan to name but a few who could play. Knight was top draw. Very impressed by the 2 Browns - Jordan a left back who seamlessly stepped into midfield and Archie who terrorised Akranas down whichever flank he chose. The latter seemed to have the physical attributes to step up....

32 minutes ago, Wraggrams said:

We were a class apart last night without Bogle, Sibley and Buchanan to name but a few who could play. Knight was top draw. Very impressed by the 2 Browns - Jordan a left back who seamlessly stepped into midfield and Archie who terrorised Akranas down whichever flank he chose. The latter seemed to have the physical attributes to step up....

Whittaker being the other notable absentee.

Archie as been on fire this season. He didn't have much of an impact for the U18s last season until the last month of the season which say him score 6 of his 7 that season and 1 of his 5 assists (partly due to playing at LB a lot until the last month).
Whilst still with the U18s, he's kicked of this season as he ended the last. 6 goals and 2 assists in his 9 league games, and 2 goals and 2 assists in his 4 UEFA games. ???

Archived