UEFA Youth League - U19s v Akranes

Bubbles

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the ÍA web page i learned that the first game will be away on November 6 (planning to attend the match) and home November 27

For the avid u19 enthusiast who wants to study the opponents in detail, here is the first match between ÍA and Levadia. 

14 hours ago, ramit said:

Reading the ÍA web page i learned that the first game will be away on November 6 (planning to attend the match) and home November 27

For the avid u19 enthusiast who wants to study the opponents in detail, here is the first match between ÍA and Levadia. 

Local knowledge ramit - Iceland won't be too arctic in early november will it? On average I mean?

42 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Local knowledge ramit - Iceland won't be too arctic in early november will it? On average I mean?

The average really doesn't mean much as the weather varies wildly, so it's quite impossible to predict what the weather will be like on the day.  Could be a calm slightly frosty day, a windy frosty day, a windy rainy day or full on snow blizzard.  Winter has arrived early this year, so experience lends me to think the chances of a rainy day are minimal.  For those who plan to attend, dress warmly, sweater, coat, cap, scarf, gloves, thick socks, the works.  It's easier to remove clothing than stay warm if not prepared.

If you have a look at the game i posted, you will notice it was a very windy day, not easy to play football in, but the ÍA lads will be more used to those conditions than the Derby squad.  There are some good players in the ÍA team, 17 year old Jón Gísli Eyland Gíslason #46 impressed me the most, he could be one to scout for our academy.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I love the fact that you are able to go see this match @ramit

Going to see our team in action when we want to is something that we locals may take for granted. It's so different for the long-distance fan, so I hope they put on a cracking performance for you. 

Thank you @angieram

i am looking very much forward to the match, it will be the first time i see Derby County in action.  The u19 squad is a strong one, lots of exciting players, my favorite being Connor Dixon, who i believe is a star in the making.

ÍA are taking part in this competition for the first time and they are excited at the prospect of playing Derby County, this being their biggest game to date.  Am expecting many local supporters on the day, depending a bit on the weather of course.  Hope some Derby County supporters will be able to make the trip, that would be the icing on the cake for me.

i called Siggi, who heads ÍA's football department to get further details.  Forgot to ask him what time the game start on November 6 but that will be posted on their home page before too long, but he informed me that their home ground will not be in suitable condition for the game and it has been moved to Víkin in Reykjavík, the home ground of Víkingur, my local team actually.  Am glad of that, it's a better venue and much closer for me to travel to.  Enjoyed speaking with him, they are all very excited about the upcoming match.

Víkin, Reykjavík

Ticket will probably be sold online, i will get that info soon, but at Víkin on the day of course as well

000vikingsvollur04v.jpg

On 25/10/2019 at 16:18, ramit said:

There are some good players in the ÍA team, 17 year old Jón Gísli Eyland Gíslason #46 impressed me the most, he could be one to scout for our academy.

Siggi told me that Jón is currently on trial at Norrköping in Sweden.  Does not surprise me

50 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Have we missed out again? Pfft - what are our scouts up to - you've come closer to unearthing some talent than they have Ramit!! 

He is reported to be a right footed central defender, but in the game against Tallin he played an attacking right back and had obvious qualities in that position.

Haven't missed out if Norrköping haven't signed him yet, all it takes is a scout contacting him telling him of Derby County possible interest and he will jump at that chance, i should very much reckon.

The game will kick off at 7pm November 6 in Víkin (Víkingsvöllur) 

ÍA´s 1-12 defeat of Tallin in the second leg of their match up is the biggest win in the history of the competition.  This will not be an easy game for Derby.

17 year old Jón Gísli has been picked for the national u19 team because of his outstanding performance with ÍA.  Other older players in the team are also in the national side.

Archived