January's team

StarterForTen

31 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Isn't paterson a loan until Jan? If we think Rooney is playing a 10 role and we all know how hard offloading players is. Do we realistically think patersons loan will be extended just for goodwill and further depth in that position. He's been good yes... But not a star player you abandon all financial or logical decisions for

Season long loan. Can probably recall but I think it's if all parties agree. He's doing alright here and probably enjoying his football so I think we'll see him for the full season.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/08/paterson-joins-Derby-to-add-to-attacking-options

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Isn't paterson a loan until Jan? If we think Rooney is playing a 10 role and we all know how hard offloading players is. Do we realistically think patersons loan will be extended just for goodwill and further depth in that position. He's been good yes... But not a star player you abandon all financial or logical decisions for

I believed he was signed until January as well so we will see, is he more productive and useful than zoon? Yes in my opinion but could we ultimately sign him permanently I am not so sure due to his possible costs and lack of re-sale value - when Rooney is available then probably one of our wide-ish players will ultimately miss out if they were all available 

Roos/Hamer

Bogle/Wisdom Davies/Evans Clarke/Buchanan Lowe/Malone

Huddlestone/Bielik Shinnie/Holmes

Waghorn/Jozefzoon Paterson/Rooney Lawrence/Bennett

Martin/Marriott

That still leaves the following ‘first team’ players: Mitchell, Forsyth, Knight, Dowell (expect his loan to be cancelled) and Anya. Then Keogh returns at some point next season too.

Also youth players on the cusp: Buchanan, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, Mitchell-Lawson. Hopefully, all are loaned out for experience (unless they break through)

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Paterson is not our player in January and Holmes would be within what’s needed on the bench 

Paterson is definitely a season-long loan as per the link below, but whether Bristol City have a loan recall option, like a lot of loans do, will remain to be seen.

It's the danger should he do "too well" that Bristol City will recall him either to play him themselves, or to prevent us from playing him should we be directly challenging them for the top 6.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/08/paterson-joins-Derby-to-add-to-attacking-options

On 07/10/2019 at 12:38, Ghost of Clough said:

I find it hard to question his form, especially from a statistical point of view. 
Roos made it into the whoscored team of the month for September. His two performances so far this month have been a 6.9 and 7.4, so he has a very good chance of being in the team of the month for a second time in a row. His season average of 6.79 isn’t too far off the best in the Championship (Woodman with 6.91).

just shows how poor the standard of goalkeeping in the championship is then. Roos is a Very weak link in the spine of the team for me.

15 hours ago, minesahartington said:

He doesn’t have a punch unfortunately, he needs an extra touch to control a back pass (regardless of whether the pass is warranted) and he can’t catch. His distribution can be ok and he’s a good shot stopper. He’s too timid and needs to really boss his area. Either grow a pair or ship out

clearly remember him punching a ball that ended up on the half way in the second half

On 07/10/2019 at 12:51, angieram said:

Instead of which we get on his back and just make him more apprehensive - I think some of our fans are arrogant brain-dead morons and frankly, get what they deserve. 

Think you need to get off the fence @angieram and tell us what you really think ?

On thread, quite noticeable the lack of folk putting Marrrriott in their teams. After all the early season clamour and 'it should be obvious to Cocu' posts, it's seems we're actually a rather fickle bunch of fans, are we not!

Who'd have thought it?

Archived