Wardrobe or not

FindernRam

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This thread looks perfect,didn’t want to start another CM thread.

Can we have a poll on his contract please,I’m right in thinking it expires at the end of the season?

Another 12 months?

Reduced terms,release,wait and see?

Personally I’d probably go 3 of the above.

Wait and see as we normally break a player by awarding a new contract then another 12 months but renegotiate(but not using the Keogh method)?

Anyone.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

This thread looks perfect,didn’t want to start another CM thread.

Can we have a poll on his contract please,I’m right in thinking it expires at the end of the season?

Another 12 months?

Reduced terms,release,wait and see?

Personally I’d probably go 3 of the above.

Wait and see as we normally break a player by awarding a new contract then another 12 months but renegotiate(but not using the Keogh method)?

Anyone.

Yes 12 month extension on (slightly) reduced terms. 

What's strange is since the summer of 2015 we've brought in various strikers / linkmen (Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra, Marriott, etc.) and barring Vyd's purple season and some flashes from Marriott, CM is still the best striker we've got. 

His first touch, it's like the ball is glued to his boot and his brain to see a pass / layoff is outstanding. Lawerence's first goal yesterday is an example, set up by CM's quick feet. He may not got 20+ goals this season, but his link play will set other up. 

I'd love him to sign an extension but I think it all depends how pivotal Cocu sees him to his plans. It's no secret that he's probably our highest earner behind Rooney if some of the figures banded around are to be believed. Cocu may feel he can do some wheeler dealing if he can get him off the wage bill. Come on Phil, you know it makes sense to keep him on. Everyone needs a Wardrobe after all.

39 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'd love him to sign an extension but I think it all depends how pivotal Cocu sees him to his plans. It's no secret that he's probably our highest earner behind Rooney if some of the figures banded around are to be believed. Cocu may feel he can do some wheeler dealing if he can get him off the wage bill. Come on Phil, you know it makes sense to keep him on. Everyone needs a Wardrobe after all.

Agree, only thing is i never believe the figures that are circulated, because no one knows and its just made up guess work most of the time. Look at the so called ITK media over Keogh, even had different figures circulated of his earnings.

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes 12 month extension on (slightly) reduced terms. 

What's strange is since the summer of 2015 we've brought in various strikers / linkmen (Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Vydra, Marriott, etc.) and barring Vyd's purple season and some flashes from Marriott, CM is still the best striker we've got. 

His first touch, it's like the ball is glued to his boot and his brain to see a pass / layoff is outstanding. Lawerence's first goal yesterday is an example, set up by CM's quick feet. He may not got 20+ goals this season, but his link play will set other up. 

He is excellent, most of his passes come off too, of course not all but the majority, but the simple stuff just brings the likes of lawrence into play. Like Shinnie said when he scored, he just knew the lay off from CM would be spot on, must be so good to have such trust in a fellow player. I cant help but feel we have missed out over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh... controversial as ever, Mr Hard!

... I'd have thought a naturist could get by with a couple of hooks on the back of a door... and maybe a shoe rack?  Maybe?  

I wouldnt think a naturist would want hooks anywhere, sounds like an accident waiting to happen....ouch.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

I think you're giving this way more thought than it deserves!   ?

Hey...how do you know im not a naturist with experience of such matters

9 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Definitely this. The Wardrobe and Vydra would have been a potent force. Given time, I think the combination of CM and Jack Marriott will be just as lethal. 

That’s it though isn’t it. CM on his own is a lost soul. In his hey day in the right games his back up came less from the wide men and more from Bryson and Hendrick being close enough to him so that the touches had somewhere to go. To get something out of that sort of striker you either have to have an athletic midfield who get forward and support OR give him a Marriott/Vydra whippet to work with. Either will do but he isn’t fast or aggressive. In isolation the subtly of his play is lost. If you don’t give him the system it doesn’t work. 

what excites me at the moment (even though one game isn’t much to base a hypothesis on) is that that was the first time they have played together .. that was a practice run against a poorish side. I really hope he starts them both against Forest, the more they play together the better they will get.

Meanwhile .. I think I’ll stick with Wardrobe .. modular clothing storage system or “Maatn ” is it’s known in a popular Swedish emporium doesn’t quite have the same ring to it

Warming to my theme . We have a wardrobe, a hotel, a Clarke, and Shinnie is obviously Gaelic for trouser press or is that Dutch for playing a high line ? . (unfortunately the Mini bar isn’t available to residents at present) 

Archived