Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10017522/Derby-county-crash-shock-new-footage-players-slumped-chair-drink-drive-smash-arrest/

Dowell, Malone, Martin, Bradley Johnson confirmed now.

Can’t figure out who’s the one saying ‘Liberties bruv’.

Keogh looks different, has he had a haircut?:
Image.png.60181bead4180eee46259d97615362e5.png

What I will say is that not everyone there will have been caught up in this. The text says "Five footballers were reportedly caught up in the crash" so assuming that's true only two of them that have not already been named would have been involved. It's only rumours on Twitter, but if it's true that Bradley had left a good hour or so before the ones that crashed did, then him being present in the video would leave open the possibility that others in the video may have left well before the ones that got in the crash did.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Funny how the picture of Huddlestone has the caption "Club captain Richard Keogh is also seen in the video" below it. 

This story is getting worse and worse. If that's Bennett slumped in the seat, can't tell on my phone, then he looks well over the limit and could be in some serious trouble with the police let alone the club.

I'm all for forgiveness and giving people a second chance but it's going to take a long time and plenty of remorse demonstrated.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

This story is getting worse and worse. If that's Bennett slumped in the seat, can't tell on my phone, then he looks well over the limit and could be in some serious trouble with the police let alone the club.

It's Scott Malone, Mason is sat in a chair talking and doesn't look in the same state as later on.

Do we even know this video is from the same night?!

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10017522/Derby-county-crash-shock-new-footage-players-slumped-chair-drink-drive-smash-arrest/

Dowell, Malone, Martin and Bradley Johnson also confirmed now.

Can’t figure out who the one is saying ‘Liberties bruv’.

Bradley Johnson? Did he drive down from Blackburn?

The article says 5 players were involved with the crash - thats Keogh, Lawrence, Bennett and two others. The first video on there has Malone, Huddlestone, Martin and Dowell as well, but I couldn't make out that player sat to Martins right - is it Bennett or someone else?

Does the article say the people in the video are the ones that stayed after 8pm?

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Think I can see Lee Buchanan in that video too. Looks fairly early on if you look at Mason Bennett in this video.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It's Scott Malone, Mason is sat in a chair talking and doesn't look in the same state as later on.

Do we even know this video is from the same night?!

Pretty sure that’s BJ, not Bennett.

BJ clearly in that new video.

Has to be said though; most of the "periphery" of lads don't look remotely rough. Huddlestone, Martin, Johnson, Dowell - all look normal. Chatting normally, look alert. So I don't hold anything against any of them until we find out which of them, if any, were also in the cars.

Lawrence doesn't look too bad either (although he got in a car so duck him).

Only Bennett and now, Malone, look like they've had too much. I assume Keogh was also at a similar sort of level mind, he's just not shown up in the videos.

5 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

It's one of the most despicable and selfish crimes a human can do 

Pol Pot, Idi Armin, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ian Brady............Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence?

Apologies for calling this statement but as I read through the hysteria this morning it was the one statement that jumped out at me.

We all are in agreement , I think, that what they did was Stupid, extremely dangerous, reckless and completely inexcusable. Of course they should be punished and it will probably fall short of what some people believe is appropriate.

Human history has thrown up some monsters. Also some Idiots,  let’s not confuse the two.

Yeah... that new video, if anything, is (dare I say it) helpful?

If that's towards the end of the night, here's a possible sequence of events (bearing in mind the apparent sobreity of the visible people):

Shortly after the video is taken, a few of the remaining people (Tom, Kieron, maybe a couple of others) head off. Tom says to Richard (who we don't actually know was drinking himself) "make sure they get home alright, yeah" to which Richard acquiesces.

Let's be generous and say maybe Lawrence had a couple of pints with his meal and thought, by midnight, he was ok to drive (let's be clear, it's not good, but being "over the limit" is not an exact science, and I personally would be happy to have a pint with a meal and then drive home... but that exact combination could put someone of a smaller build over the limit, legally). 

Now, this next bit is a stretch, I accept. 

Lawrence says he'd like to go home, and offers Richard a lift. They call a taxi for Mason (and possibly Scott and Bradley, too), and jump in the car to head home. 

As soon as they're out the car park, Mason decides he's ok to drive and thinks "I'll have a laugh". He either leaves Bradley/Scott behind, or WORSE helps them into his car when *they* are drunk. He races after Tom and Richard, causes the accident, and the police turn up. 

Mason (by a fair bit) and Tom (marginally) are both over the limit, Keogh has been injured.

Does this change anything?  I think this is why it makes sense for the club to take time to consider the best course of action.

I don't know, I'm just coming back and trying to look at this having had a bit of time to think

Ok isnt it about time this topic is closed .We all know the 3 actually involved in the crash and in my opinion thats all we need to know.First the court case will add flesh to the extent of them being over the limit and will be punished by the courts,At that point the club will hand out what they consider to be the appropriate discipline measures.All the speculation in the world will be pointless.

First and foremost we are Derby county supporters so let get behind the team theres an important match tomorrow lets help get it won

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

@SaintRam@DarkFruitsRam7 Ok I give up - I've watched several times now and can't tell which one is Bradley Johnson - give me a hint.

Also who is the guy at the end saying Tom is a disgrace.

image.png.eae81422d237dcd1c85b2b428f034f28.png

That's BJ, bottom left while Dowell's stood up.

Having a very ordinary looking conversation with Martin.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

@SaintRam@DarkFruitsRam7 Ok I give up - I've watched several times now and can't tell which one is Bradley Johnson - give me a hint.

Also who is the guy at the end saying Tom is a disgrace.

To Martin’s right. Towards the end of the video. 

As to the ‘disgrace’ thing, I don’t know. Sounds like banter though.

Archived