Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Well the big negative for me yesterday was getting the train back to reading with a little a load of pissed brummies who were surprising up beat. One hell of a game, I think I have lost 5 years of my life. The atmosphere was excellent and although I could not understand a word they were singing ( apart from RK should have walked home) I thought the away fans were excellent, together with us what an atmosphere. 

Glad CM was in and did well , I have called for him to be involved for a few weeks now, thought everyone played well and can play better. Special mentions for me.

1- the fans excellent 

2- CM well. Done lad

3- CD excellent captain 

4 - KR excellent penalty save,  but you gave me palpitations in the first half

5- JP excellent game

6- ML he is showing he has a big future and I’m pleased fo was him

im happy and I have even scored a point in the prediction league, my first lol

im happy COYRs

Am I right in thinking our own Southstander's retorted with exactly the same song... word for word?

If so, good on 'em!  Just the once.  just to make our feelings clear, before getting back to the business of backing the boys out on the pitch.  And no trying to defend him, to oppo fans.  Perfect response, I'd say.  

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Am I right in thinking our own Southstander's retorted with exactly the same song... word for word?

If so, good on 'em!  Just the once.  just to make our feelings clear, before getting back to the business of backing the boys out on the pitch.  And no trying to defend him, to oppo fans.  Perfect response, I'd say.  

The Bummies were certainly clapped for singing it 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yes we did, and I hope he (keogh) heard it.

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ref just makes the worst decision in the history of refereeing and gives brum a penalty for a blatant good tackle 

16 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Waghorn dallied - Brum get the ball in behind. Bielik gives away a penalty rashly

Can't argue with the final decision, takes his legs gets nowhere near the ball.

Personally thought that should have been a free kick for the challenge on Waghorn before that, the player gets nothing of the ball just blatantly knocks waghorn off it.

Talking of the ref, why didn't he book their player for the blatant shirt pull on Martin, even though he let play go on and we scored.

45 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

And while you lot were having a sing song, and the brummies were having a sing song, I was at Tannadice in the sunshiiiiiiiiine having a sing along with the orange boys singing along to this, very tuneful, very Bay City Rollerish..........or is it the Scottish Kinks?

It's United....

48 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Personally thought that should have been a free kick for the challenge on Waghorn before that, the player gets nothing of the ball just blatantly knocks waghorn off it.

Talking of the ref, why didn't he book their player for the blatant shirt pull on Martin, even though he let play go on and we scored.

Noticed that shirt pull..... otherwise thought Simon Hooper was very good..... been around a long time in these leagues. Smile on his face and communicates well. Good official

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Noticed that shirt pull..... otherwise thought Simon Hooper was very good..... been around a long time in these leagues. Smile on his face and communicates well. Good official

That was more a comment about something which seems to be common place. If advantage is played the player committing the foul often gets away with it.

Not always of course.

As always my analysis is with the benefit of TV. At the ground i was convinced it wasn't a penalty.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That was more a comment about something which seems to be common place. If advantage is played the player committing the foul often gets away with it.

Not always of course.

As always my analysis is with the benefit of TV. At the ground i was convinced it wasn't a penalty.

Think most of the time, you get the reaction of the players as a indicator.....most accepted it, no complaints from me, went through back 

In my opinion we’ve played much better this season in some of the games we’ve drawn, but maybe that was partly down to the fact we took the lead so early in the game and had to contend with Birmingham pushing for an equaliser for the whole of the first half. Once Birmingham had the momentum I really feared the worst, but we rode our luck a bit with saving the penalty (which felt like justice served, but I’ve not seen the incident back again), and did excellently to not only retake the lead but keep hold of it pretty comfortably.

Said it all along this season but given more and more time I feel Cocu will prove just how good he is. Although he appeared quite reserved at first, I think we see more and more passion from Cocu as the weeks go on which can only be a good sign. Not saying it’s a requirement of a manager to show passion, but it sure as hell helps convince people about your commitment to the job. 

Football’s a results based business at the end of the day, and this is a start. I always find good results are a bit of a habit, and if we get two more against Barnsley and Luton who knows what can happen? Genuinely feel like we could be around the top 6 by about November, especially given that nobody in the league stands out this season as being amazingly consistent. Just shows what a crazy league this is because as recently as 2 days ago some people would have had you believe we were in a relegation scrap!

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah saw the replay and it was a pen. Shows how your view can affect things, while at the match it 1000% looked like he got the ball from my seat. Didn’t even entertain the idea that it could’ve been anything other than a corner, I thought the ref was giving a goal kick! Was astounded that he gave that decision. Shows the need for VAR imo, if the refs not where he is there, he can easily get that call wrong.

Speaking of VAR, think if we’d have had it, their second would’ve been disallowed. Looked a foul on Huddlestone at least, and maybe a hint of handball too in the buildup.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah saw the replay and it was a pen. Shows how your view can affect things, while at the match it 1000% looked like he got the ball from my seat. Didn’t even entertain the idea that it could’ve been anything other than a corner, I thought the ref was giving a goal kick! Was astounded that he gave that decision. Shows the need for VAR imo, if the refs not where he is there, he can easily get that call wrong.

Speaking of VAR, think if we’d have had it, their second would’ve been disallowed. Looked a foul on Huddlestone at least, and maybe a hint of handball too in the buildup.

From my seat in South Lower, it looked a great tackle. 

I thought it was a foul on Huddlestone as well, their players backs his arse into him when he goes for the header. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Peno looked (very) harsh from my NE corner view (Looking through the net/crowded peno area/failing eyesight!  LOL!)  Looked a fair tackle, certainly with the ball's direction in mind, but comments on here appear to suggest it was a fair call.  I'll take that, until I get to see highlights/replays, at least.

The pen was a stonewaller. It was right in front of me and, even though I think he got a toe in the ball, it was always going to be a foul because he did that by coming through the back of him. You could also tell by Curtis Davies’ reaction. It was a very silly challenge, and one that I hope he’ll learn from. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

From my seat in South Lower, it looked a great tackle. 

I thought it was a foul on Huddlestone as well, their players backs his arse into him when he goes for the header. 

Shows you doesn’t it?!

Yeah that’s the foul I’m on about, Waghorn was fuming at the ref for not giving it.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

57 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

There was another one not long after where Malone, I think, was pulled backed as he was breaking away, ref played on we lost ball straight away didn't bring it back for the free kick and didn't book the player.

And feel Jutkiewicz should have been booked for his blatent hand ball, that none of the officials saw, looked like Maradona the way he went for it. Saw Roos get quite a bit of stick for how he dealt with that, unfairly imo.

Archived