Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

When you look ahead to next week and realise you only have one available running back..... ????

Your roster really annoys me. I've been trying to work out a trade to move Mahomes over to you for about a month now. Just staring at it. I hate it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thielen not going to be playing this week. Actually won’t be surprised if he doesn’t play again until after our week 12 bye.

so I look at my decimated team, and then at David’s team....?? this isn’t going to be pretty ? don’t think I’ve ever lacked optimism this much going into a fantasy matchup.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

That’s one way of putting it. I could be running with Kalen Ballage & Ty Montgomety at RB this week ?

I know the feeling; I've got a tough task to choose which RB to drop. ?

Everything I bet on this season with regards to fantasy has been a bit of a nightmare. I've only had 2 successes this season... Dalvin Cook and the Pats defense, even Mandrews has played hurt most of the year which has killed his production.

52 minutes ago, Srg said:

Everything I bet on this season with regards to fantasy has been a bit of a nightmare. I've only had 2 successes this season... Dalvin Cook and the Pats defense, even Mandrews has played hurt most of the year which has killed his production.

I was so close to reaching for Dalvin in the first round. I was so confident he’d be a top 5 back minimum if he stayed healthy. But those fitness question marks put me off....it all went downhill from there ?‍♂️ Instead I reached for Baker effing Mayfield ?

In my other main team Mandrews & Keenan Allen going of a cliff is hurting me

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I was so close to reaching for Dalvin in the first round. I was so confident he’d be a top 5 back minimum if he stayed healthy. But those fitness question marks put me off....it all went downhill from there ?‍♂️ Instead I reached for Baker effing Mayfield ?

In my other main team Mandrews & Keenan Allen going of a cliff is hurting me

My only gamble was on Melvin Gordon; I got really lucky there. But it was a pretty terrible draft for me.

None of the players I picked between round 5 and round 12 are on my team any more. I got decent value out of two of them. In fact everyone from round 5 onwards was off my team at one point; except for Marquise Brown who I'm pretty pleased with as a 13 rounder, despite his injury issues.

My 3rd round pick is about to leave too ? 

Really shedding light on why I don't like the idea of keeper leagues lmao

26 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I think im going wrong somewhere, but can’t work it out ?

I feel like not taking an RB in the first two rounds is a huge gamble in a 12 team league. We always see how 6-8 teams end up unhappy with their RB situation and like 4 really scrambling with the dregs. Such a huge pool for trying to pick up WRs from waivers post draft. 

Obviously you'd have been in a better position to work yourself a RB from someone else if DeAndre Hopkins didn't just have an OK season (so far), which no-one really saw coming. And then you're #2 guy is someone you wont part with (except maybe Cook ? ) - so a bit of a perfect storm for you, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I feel like not taking an RB in the first two rounds is a huge gamble in a 12 team league. We always see how 6-8 teams end up unhappy with their RB situation and like 4 really scrambling with the dregs. Such a huge pool for trying to pick up WRs from waivers post draft. 

Obviously you'd have been in a better position to work yourself a RB from someone else if DeAndre Hopkins didn't just have an OK season (so far), which no-one really saw coming. And then you're #2 guy is someone you wont part with (except maybe Cook ? ) - so a bit of a perfect storm for you, unfortunately.

In hindsight, I should have taken the risk on Zeke. But I was quite happy to come out with Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson & Kenyan Drake alongside Hopkins & Thielen. But injuries, poor form & the Dolphins always chasing and not using the run, it’s all gone horribly wrong. 

I certainly won’t be going for 2 WRs again to start.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

In hindsight, I should have taken the risk on Zeke. But I was quite happy to come out with Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson & Kenyan Drake alongside Hopkins & Thielen. But injuries, poor form & the Dolphins always chasing and not using the run, it’s all gone horribly wrong. 

I certainly won’t be going for 2 WRs again to start.

Aye. I don't know much about fantasy draft strategies; I just pick on a whim (hence my lack of success I suppose). But logic suggests to me that a strategy that doesn't pick up an RB in the first two rounds should keep picking up WRs in round 3 and 4; so you have a stockpile of them to shop around to desperate players who'll overvalue them.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

But logic suggests to me that a strategy that doesn't pick up an RB in the first two rounds should keep picking up WRs in round 3 and 4;

This is what I did last year after reading a bit about using the "zero running back strategy" when low down in the draft order.

I remembered how short the RB pool was last season though, so went all-in on running backs this year and scrabbled around for mid-ranked WRs instead.

Archived