Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Ill be starting a DCFC NFL fantasy keeper league next season. I'll update everyone on here after the draft. Looking to complete the league 1 or 2 weeks before the the regular season starts. It will be PPR format, with a number of rules in regards to keepers etc. Looking at 10 team league. 

Never been involved in a keeper league. Looking forward to it!

1 minute ago, Westcumbrianram said:

You'll get obsessed and gives people reasons to continue playing when theu can't make the playoffs.

I'm always obsessed ? 

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Lookong at maybe having 3 keepers, but every year you keep them they move down a round in the draft. Waivers always class as round 8 unless the waiver pick was originally choosen in the draft then they keep there original draft round.

Sounds like fun.

If a little confusing at this stage!

Is it too early to reserve a place?

On 19/01/2019 at 10:57, Westcumbrianram said:

Ill be starting a DCFC NFL fantasy keeper league next season. I'll update everyone on here after the draft. Looking to complete the league 1 or 2 weeks before the the regular season starts. It will be PPR format, with a number of rules in regards to keepers etc. Looking at 10 team league. 

Just seen this, the thing is people missed out last year with a 14 man league and newcomers such as Ambitious that will likely want in. 

To throw an idea out there, a 2 league setup using a random draw for the first year, then following seasons we have a promotion/relegation to mix things up a bit. 

Top 4 teams move up, bottom 4 move down.

Would need 20 players for it to work though. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Just seen this, the thing is people missed out last year with a 14 man league and newcomers such as Ambitious that will likely want in. 

To throw an idea out there, a 2 league setup using a random draw for the first year, then following seasons we have a promotion/relegation to mix things up a bit. 

You'd want West's keeper league to be separate from whatever else we do anyway. You wouldn't want a keeper league to involve anyone liable to stop caring at any point. 

I like your idea for normal leagues, if we have enough people, but keeper leagues require a commitment from season to season and it can really mess it up for people to jump in and out. Promotion/Relegation also protects to an extent against people who stop playing.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You'd want West's keeper league to be separate from whatever else we do anyway. You wouldn't want a keeper league to involve anyone liable to stop caring at any point. 

I like your idea for normal leagues, if we have enough people, but keeper leagues require a commitment from season to season and it can really mess it up for people to jump in and out. Promotion/Relegation also protects to an extent against people who stop playing.

I’m just looking to protect my Sunday fun if I miss out on the keeper league. ?

I’ve only been involved one year, wouldn’t expect to be given a place in this 10 man league just because I own the forum. 

We had 14 last year, one or two may have gone AWOL but I recall another couple were upset to have missed out because a new league was formed and they were connected to the old one? Felt a little guilty at the time for swiping a place.

Pretty sure Ambitious will want in, so that could be 17 maybe I don’t know. 

Keeper league sounds fun though, would love to be involved in that, but as I say, wouldn’t expect a place being a noob. 

1 hour ago, David said:

I’m just looking to protect my Sunday fun if I miss out on the keeper league. ?

I’ve only been involved one year, wouldn’t expect to be given a place in this 10 man league just because I own the forum. 

We had 14 last year, one or two may have gone AWOL but I recall another couple were upset to have missed out because a new league was formed and they were connected to the old one? Felt a little guilty at the time for swiping a place.

Pretty sure Ambitious will want in, so that could be 17 maybe I don’t know. 

Keeper league sounds fun though, would love to be involved in that, but as I say, wouldn’t expect a place being a noob. 

I don't think you need to worry

A social group ONLY having a keeper league is how social groups die ? at least according to my friend. He says they can be really stressful.

We'll definitely be having normal leagues as well, for whoever doesn't get in to the keeper league. I might be one of those who miss out, who knows!
I think I just prefer your idea of having 2 normal leagues we tie together though. I'm not a big fan of really deep leagues like ours was this year AND we had a couple of people who missed out AND we had people who stopped playing. Makes a lot of sense to split it into two leagues.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think you need to worry

A social group ONLY having a keeper league is how social groups die ? at least according to my friend. He says they can be really stressful.

We'll definitely be having normal leagues as well, for whoever doesn't get in to the keeper league. I might be one of those who miss out, who knows!
I think I just prefer your idea of having 2 normal leagues we tie together though. I'm not a big fan of really deep leagues like ours was this year AND we had a couple of people who missed out AND we had people who stopped playing. Makes a lot of sense to split it into two leagues.

Yeah, I think it would be worthwhile having two leagues rather than one league of 15+. 

I'm certainly going to be in anyway. Nathan Peterman and Cody Parkey as my first two picks. ?

8-12 is a good range, imo. So if we have at least 16 people interested two leagues should be viable.

You *can* have less than 8, as few as 5, but that would require some discussion. Some people don't enjoy playing in leagues where every team is full of pro-bowl calibre players.

5 hours ago, David said:

On paper a great idea in reality relegation and promotion wouldn't work as teams would end up with the same keepers, which cant happen. Maybe running 2 normal leafues would work on a year to year basis.

40 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

On paper a great idea in reality relegation and promotion wouldn't work as teams would end up with the same keepers, which cant happen. Maybe running 2 normal leafues would work on a year to year basis.

The 2 league thing wouldn’t be a keeper league, as you say that wouldn’t work

For clarity, what's being discussed is:

1 Keeper League with 10 players.

1 Normal League with X players, arbitrarily designated "division 1" (or similar)

1 Normal League with X players, arbitrarily designated "division 2" (or similar)

At the end of each year, the top bunch of "division 2" will swap out with the bottom bunch of "division 1". 

A total of 3 leagues. But any one player would only potentially be in 2 of them at any one time.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Can someone please start a vote as not sure how to do one. Do people want a keeper league or a dynasty league for next season? 

Create a separate Fantasy League topic if you want, probably best.

Should also include a standard option for a complete new draft each year, that would be my preference anyhow. On a forum people come and go, just think it makes sense.

Could be more players this year as well, so 2 leagues might even be a thing if there's a demand and you don't want to be scrapping for players in a big league.

Archived