v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

There is no problem with his appointment its how long it took to do it

As a club we messed about to long over FL when it was clear to everybody he was going to Chelsea 

How did we mess about?  The onus was on Chelsea and Lampard.  No idea how Derby could have handled it any different. Cocu was in place very soon after Lampard was confirmed.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

How did we mess about?  The onus was on Chelsea and Lampard.  No idea how Derby could have handled it any different. Cocu was in place very soon after Lampard was confirmed.

I do give Chelsea the ultimatum we had FL under contract what would we have done if it had dragged on another 2 or three weeks

It was a case of put up or shut up

Thought this is where I'd find the meltdown this morning

I absolutely adored Cocu's approach to the game last night - He knows we're not likely to win the cup so this was a good chance to rotate in some of the players who aren't getting game time and see what they do - It'll all be about individual performances and not the overall result

And the thing I liked best of all was how few flying macaroons he gave for our opponents - Could have been playing Morecombe, Luton or Man Utd last night and he would have taken the same approach - We're a team who's been challenging for promotion for the last 6 years, why stick out a stronger line up against a team who's been mid-table that whole time? What? Just cos they're our local rivals? Nah - Do what's right for the club and the players first and then worry about trivial nonsense afterwards

Local rivalries are big games when you both have something to play for or neither of you have something to play for - The last few seasons this game has been just another league game where games against Leeds, West Brom, Sheff Utd etc etc have had much more relevance to us - The only people who give this result any significance are at the wrong end of the A52 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I do give Chelsea the ultimatum we had FL under contract what would we have done if it had dragged on another 2 or three weeks

I am willing to bet that approach would have seen us come off worse.

No offence but i will bet you have somewhere between zero and nil experience of running a major football club so ill choose to trust mel dealt with it in the best way he could rather than an assumption we could just tell Chelsea to go forth..

Sith Happens

What amazes me is it would seem fans are still turning up at the city ground, the attendance keeps increasing post by post.

10 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I agree with parts of what you say but that was not Forest’s best line up either. Their squad is better than ours and on first glance so may first team 

Absolutely. It was a test of our youth players, and they failed it. End of. Forest were better. 

We can only hope everyone learns from the experience. 

Im a trainer, and as a trainer I have the kind of patience that surprises my wife. But I always say that people can make mistakes, it’s the absolute best way of learning, but you’ve got to learn from those mistakes and don’t do it again. That’s when I loose my rag. 

To ight will have been a massive learning experience for Cocu and the players. I just hope it ultimately benefits us in the long run. 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

I was one that thought that Sibley would break into the first team but last night showed he isn't quite ready yet and same can be said for a few others.

How can you tell when last night he wasn't playing with the first team? It makes a difference.

5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

What happened on the pitch post match then?

Decided to finally log out of twitter for a while so am somewhat out of the loop.

Well we played Forest .

We got hammered.

I didn’t enjoy watching it at the beam back because our performance was hopeless

Post match ! 

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

But that's not how the game works. You don't offer an ultimatum that you have no ability to stick to. Whether you say you offer it or not the manager can just resign. Think sensibly not just in a reaction to a nothing game.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did that respect continue when, following midweek cup games, we lost to Millwall, Bolton and Rotherham?

I seem to remember a lot of fans being very irate with them results!

I mean who wants to lose any game? I would rather have our manager approach every game with the mentality of playing a strong team, you can't win every game, but you can at least bloody try.

Archived