What are the chances

dog

Of any team in the premiership beating our record from that season?

Maybe false hope, but Newcastle seem a little ....disjointed

And Steve Bruce still looks like a nice dinner lady

More pudden?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 teams got very close last year. After seeing the early Shef Utd and Norwich performances I don't think they will be anywhere near it, but Newcastle might give it a good shot - it was a team from the North East who held the record before us, so fingers crossed. I like to follow along and slowly cross teams off as they break the 11 point barrier.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

2 teams got very close last year. After seeing the early Shef Utd and Norwich performances I don't think they will be anywhere near it, but Newcastle might give it a good shot - it was a team from the North East who held the record before us, so fingers crossed. I like to follow along and slowly cross teams off as they break the 11 point barrier.

Huddersfield came bottom and won 3 times as many games as we did. 

21 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

What is your point exactly? Huddersfield finished on 16 points - only 5 higher than we achieved and thats with £200 mill of prize money in the bank, so as i said very close. Both Fulham and Huddersfield looked for most of the season like they were in with a shout of beating our record. Huddersfield also managed to equal the records for most Prem home defeats and fewest home goals scored.

Sheffield United have an awful team but a decent manager so will easily get more than 11 points. Newcastle have an awful manager but a decent team and Bruce won’t make Christmas so they’ll be alright. 

Noones gonna beat it for a long time. Someone will, but it’ll take an incredible run if duck ups to do it. Probably be us beating it next time we go up, only club in the country capable

There will almost always be at least one team, if not two, that will look "very close" around Xmas time, still being on 4 to 7 points.

But they'll all pull another win (or two) from somewhere, and 3 or 4 draws, before the season is out.  Points "in the teens" may be a regular occurrence, but that's no good to us! 

That record ain't going anywhere in my lifetime!

*I'm 56, but have the mind and body of a very fit and handsome 20 year old... I'll easily reach 60!  :-)

On 18/08/2019 at 10:44, MuespachRam said:

Oh god. Can’t people let it go it will never ever ever happen. 

Never know, someone could start a season on -20 points for some reason. Then they would only have to be bad, not worse than our team; to take our record ? 

But this season? No chance. Would need a huge implosion by someone.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Never know, someone could start a season on -20 points for some reason. Then they would only have to be bad, not worse than our team; to take our record ? 

That would feel like we'd been robbed of a record.  It would feel like we'd been cheated out of the record books.

I couldn't accept that.

No, when it goes, it has to be on the same terms.  Anything else would be "Fake Records", as far as I'm concerned!

Oh wait... What the hell am I saying!  

On 17/08/2019 at 21:21, Nick_Ram said:

Yet they were relegated on an earlier date than we were, so almost as bad.

But let's not forget that the Gumps finished dead last on 3 separate occasions, so they are in fact the worst Premier League team of all time by league positions

On 17/08/2019 at 23:11, Millenniumram said:

Sheffield United have an awful team but a decent manager so will easily get more than 11 points. Newcastle have an awful manager but a decent team and Bruce won’t make Christmas so they’ll be alright. 

Noones gonna beat it for a long time. Someone will, but it’ll take an incredible run if duck ups to do it. Probably be us beating it next time we go up, only club in the country capable

As much as I look forward to seeing Keogh lift some sort of trophy as we finally secure promotion on his watch, the day I’m most looking forward to is the day we get our 12th point (hopefully 4 games into the season). Can you imagine the roar?

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

As much as I look forward to seeing Keogh lift some sort of trophy as we finally secure promotion on his watch, the day I’m most looking forward to is the day we get our 12th point (hopefully 4 games into the season). Can you imagine the roar?

I’d celebrate it like winning the champions league... so long as it’s not at Easter 

Archived