Radio Derby problems

dcfcreece1601

Hi guys I was listening to the Derby vs swansea game in the car and then got in the house and couldn't listen to it on digital radio apparently because of copyright infringements etc it kept repeating on the radio?? What sort of con is this?? Do I have to buy an old fashioned fm radio for the house to bypass this??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hi guys I was listening to the Derby vs swansea game in the car and then got in the house and couldn't listen to it on digital radio apparently because of copyright infringements etc it kept repeating on the radio?? What sort of con is this?? Do I have to buy an old fashioned fm radio for the house to bypass this??

Where do you live?

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Based in tamworth so the only times I'm on the area is when I'm in the ground watching it in person , I'll buy an fm radio ?‍♂️?

I'm in Atherstone,(not that you would have guessed from my name) and cannot pick radio Derby up on the radio in the house, however if you have fm radio on your mobile phone you should be able to get a great reception as i do

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yep, works for me here in Coleshill. So OP should be able to pick it up and on his DAB.

Can you get match commentary though during games or do you get the old announcement saying it can’t be broadcast due to restrictions 

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Based in tamworth so the only times I'm on the area is when I'm in the ground watching it in person , I'll buy an fm radio ?‍♂️?

Sounds to me like whatever you're using it going through the website, which is why it doesn't work. A digital radio works and would definitely pick up Radio Derby from Tamworth.

Just now, Curtains said:

Can you get match commentary though during games or do you get the old announcement saying it can’t be broadcast due to restrictions 

You only get that announcement if listening online. That's not the same as digital radio.

DAB and 735 on Freeview both work from here.  Everything in Derby/Midlands connects to the same transmitter mast anyway.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Sounds to me like whatever you're using it going through the website, which is why it doesn't work. A digital radio works and would definitely pick up Radio Derby from Tamworth.

I’m don’t believe you can get match commentary on free view or BBC website or App

Archived