Radio Derby problems

dcfcreece1601

Just now, Curtains said:

No I’m glad you pointed it out I’m obviously wrong .

Thanks I’ll try it next time I’m out of Derby .

The BBC apps/online won't stream matches online unless it's a chosen fixture on 5 Live.

DAB/Freeview will always let you listen to matches.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can’t listen to it through an app or on internet which is really annoying!  As I’m North East Derbyshire right on the edge of Sheffield the only way I can get it is picking up Fm I have to rig up a makeshift aerial to improve reception but I work from home and I’m working everyday at 4pm and cant get a signal down the garden where I work so missed most the second half on Saturday (thankfully) ?

42 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

The BBC apps/online won't stream matches online unless it's a chosen fixture on 5 Live.

Just to reiterate @ThePrisoner is definitely correct - I'm a half fan and it's always available on FM (+AM if no Burton match), Digital TV and DAB.  Online/iPlayer/BBC Sounds etc. is where it is not available.

5 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Such a con, soon we'll have to pay to breathe 

Its already being discussed in corporation strategy meetings "every person on the planet needs to breath, to stay alive, that's an insatiable customer demand there if only we can properly monitise it and stop freeloaders cheating the system with their knock off" lungs" and convince them that "friendly med corporation direct oxygen infusion" is the clean safe health way of nog breathing free and useless air we're onto product diversification - smells, NO2 content, H2S contamination in the budget model.

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I'm in Atherstone,(not that you would have guessed from my name) and cannot pick radio Derby up on the radio in the house, however if you have fm radio on your mobile phone you should be able to get a great reception as i do

I have an app on my phone that has all the radio stations  but I get the restrictions speech??

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Sounds to me like whatever you're using it going through the website, which is why it doesn't work. A digital radio works and would definitely pick up Radio Derby from Tamworth.

Yeah been trying to get it on my phone so I can listen to it in the garden or listen to it with a headphone in whilst the misses is watching telly lol 

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Yeah been trying to get it on my phone so I can listen to it in the garden or listen to it with a headphone in whilst the misses is watching telly lol 

Same here, using a DAB radio app does not work, nor is there a Freeview app for the mobile that picks up Radio Derby.

I can get the commentary on the TV, but it looks as if a DAB radio is the only solution for the garden.

23 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I have an app on my phone that has all the radio stations  but I get the restrictions speech??

17 minutes ago, KCG said:

Same here, using a DAB radio app does not work, nor is there a Freeview app for the mobile that picks up Radio Derby.

I can get the commentary on the TV, but it looks as if a DAB radio is the only solution for the garden.

This is streaming online. Some Android phones have an FM transmitter built in, I can assume this is what @atherstoneram meant. A DAB app is not the same as an actual DAB device, it will be taking its stream from the BBC site hence the restrictions speech. This will still be picking up via online.

See below as covered elsewhere in this thread. 

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

This is streaming online. Some Android phones have an FM transmitter built in, I can assume this is what @atherstoneram meant. A DAB app is not the same as an actual DAB device, it will be taking its stream from the BBC site hence the restrictions speech. This will still be picking up via online.

It is indeed , i should have been clearer on my comment

2 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

As noted in comments further down the page, i do have an Android phone with built in fm radio receiver.Plug headphones in and she can talk away as much as she wants and i don't hear a word.  

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can't pick up Radio Derby clearly on FM in Birmingham, but thanks for confirming that a DAB radio is the only solution.

I was on the train coming back from Portsmouth last year and couldn't figure out how to listen to the game that was on at the time. I rang the other half, asked her to put the radio on and then put her phone next to the radio so I could listen on the way home. Apart from losing signal a couple of times it worked pretty well. Just looked like I was on a conference call.

On 13/08/2019 at 12:00, Tcdcfc said:

You can’t listen to it through an app or on internet which is really annoying!  As I’m North East Derbyshire right on the edge of Sheffield the only way I can get it is picking up Fm I have to rig up a makeshift aerial to improve reception but I work from home and I’m working everyday at 4pm and cant get a signal down the garden where I work so missed most the second half on Saturday (thankfully) ?

Channel 735 on tv freeview. 

Archived