v Swansea City (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Would expect the same team to start. Paterson on the bench, and maybe Bielik.

Bielik ruled out sadly. Good to see Holmes back in training though so hopefully he will be back in a few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yes, Cocu said so in his pre-match interview (it’s on YouTube)

Fair enough... Big shame.

Roos

Bogle Clarke Keogh Malone

Evans

Shinnie Dowell 

Lawrence Waghorn Paterson

Plenty more to come with Holmes, Marriott, Bielik all starters for me if fit. 

18 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Anyone have any decent knowledge on Swansea and how they will line up, play? What tickets have been sold?

Any first day stuff happening? Presuming the new players who don't play will get a reception before the game.. 

4-2-3-1 passing game. Like possession. Like to pass through the lines. 

No so dissimilar to us under Cocu. 

Will be an interesting test. 

Only question in selection for me is if he wants to play with both Huddlestone and Evans at the base of midfield or not. If he doesn't, might see Shinnie or Knight come in. Beyond that, I doubt he will change anything.

Team for tomorrow....

Roos

Bogle      Keogh     Clarke     Malone

Evans

Dowell      Shinnie

Jozefzoon      Waghorn       Lawrence

Too early for Paterson and Hamer but i expect them to be in the 11.

Slightly surprised this hasn't sold out if I'm honest, but looking at the site there's not many tickets left so it probably will.

30 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

4-2-3-1 passing game. Like possession. Like to pass through the lines. 

No so dissimilar to us under Cocu. 

Will be an interesting test. 

I got the impression from my Jack mate that they are heading more back towards their old "spanish" possession style but with a bit more aggression. I think it's kind of the identity they built their rise on (and lost whilst they were struggling against relegation), so I wouldn't be surprised. They are very confident about the season so I'd imagine they're over the relegation and properly looking forward now.  Be an interesting test against a team with good ability.

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Only question in selection for me is if he wants to play with both Huddlestone and Evans at the base of midfield or not. If he doesn't, might see Shinnie or Knight come in. Beyond that, I doubt he will change anything.

Yep I agree - same team and see how it goes and change it up if it becomes necessary 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I got the impression from my Jack mate that they are heading more back towards their old "spanish" possession style but with a bit more aggression. I think it's kind of the identity they built their rise on (and lost whilst they were struggling against relegation), so I wouldn't be surprised. They are very confident about the season so I'd imagine they're over the relegation and properly looking forward now.  Be an interesting test against a team with good ability.

They have sold their best two players so I can't understand why they feel confident.

Before the season I was of the opinion I'd be happy with 9 points from our opening 5 games; so if we get a win here we'll be well on track.

Roos

Huddlestone

Dowell      Shinnie

Paterson      Waghorn       Lawrence

Marriott & Holmes & Lowe to come off the bench

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Before the season I was of the opinion I'd be happy with 9 points from our opening 5 games; so if we get a win here we'll be well on track.

I don't think I would TBH as that was our start last season and it is nice to see some improvement, + 2losses early doors would not be great. I would be aiming for atleast 10 points possibly 12 if everything clicks and the new signings settle in well. Only team I can really see us loosing to is WBA other than that I would be disappointed at loosing the other games.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

I don't think I would TBH as that was our start last season and it is nice to see some improvement, + 2losses early doors would not be great. I would be aiming for atleast 10 points possibly 12 if everything clicks and the new signing settle in well. Only team I can really see us loosing to is WBA other than that I would be disappointed at loosing the other games.

Huddersfield was one of the games I was expecting to lose, so I suppose I should readjust to 12; but I feel like it would be unfair to move the goalposts ? 

I thought we'd lose 2 of our opening 5; if we don't then great but I don't wanna continually adjust my expectations over such small groups of games. I'll just be more optimistic about our next 5 if we do better in this 5 ? 

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Dowell      Shinnie

Paterson      Waghorn       Lawrence

Marriott & Holmes & Lowe to come off the bench

You reckon Paterson will be ready? Playing Saturday from the start seems a bit soon.

Archived