v Swansea City (H) Match Thread

Day

16 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

You reckon Paterson will be ready? Playing Saturday from the start seems a bit soon.

Played on Sunday (Albeit from the bench) had pre-season, training all week, I reckon so, but doubt it, that's just how I'd field the team personally but most likely Zoon will start.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Had very good pre season and win last Saturday can imagine they will be pushing for top 6 this season

They have on or two decent players left in the woodwork. Their Spanish striker cost £15.5 million and I have never heard of him. Celina is a good player as is Grimes. They also have Tom Carroll but he is injured.However we took 4 points off them last year and should be able to the same this year.Coming from behind to defeat Hull at home hardly sets the world alight!

Be nice to see Bielik if he's up to speed. Also looking forward to seeing what personnel and formation Cocu will employ for our first home game. I fancy us to take the points and move onto the Stoke game with 6 points from 6. A result there and we can start to dream I reckon.

COYR

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Be nice to see Bielik if he's up to speed. Also looking forward to seeing what personnel and formation Cocu will employ for our first home game. I fancy us to take the points and move onto the Stoke game with 6 points from 6. A result there and we can start to dream I reckon.

COYR

Already said Bielik won’t be ready unfortunately. 

Hopefully he’s fit enough to be in the bench though

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Already said Bielik won’t be ready unfortunately. 

Hopefully he’s fit enough to be in the bench though

Ah cheers @EnigmaRam Hadn't seen that. Best not to rush the lad and risk him picking up a niggle I guess. Thought Clarke was immense against Udders so hopefully we'll have enough to secure the points anyway.

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ah cheers @EnigmaRam Hadn't seen that. Best not to rush the lad and risk him picking up a niggle I guess. Thought Clarke was immense against Udders so hopefully we'll have enough to secure the points anyway.

It would be nice if there was the chance to give him 5 minutes at the end as an introduction ( clearly we will be 3 up by then so a good PR move ?

mind you I reckon Cocu doesn’t play mind games .. he seems to be the sort of guy who answers straight questions with straight answers. Unless ...... 

Interesting thing on twitter about the ref today. I believe it's his first game having moved from the A League.  Little video on you tube of the end of his time in Australia. 

Looks to be a good communicator with the players and the linos. Obviously no VAR today to fall back on but interesting to see how he goes.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Interesting thing on twitter about the ref today. I believe it's his first game having moved from the A League.  Little video on you tube of the end of his time in Australia. 

Looks to be a good communicator with the players and the linos. Obviously no VAR today to fall back on but interesting to see how he goes.

I haven’t got WiFi at the minute, but if that’s the video I think it is then he looks good. I forget he had come over here, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I seem to remember the linesman having a ridiculously grating voice.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

How much more human the referee is when we're allowed to hear/see the thought processes behind the decisions. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Worth noting that Swansea recruited our Head of Performance Analysis a couple of weeks ago. 

Probably gives them an advantage for this match. 

Good point - at least they won't know much about the new players. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

How much more human the referee is when we're allowed to hear/see the thought processes behind the decisions. 

Absolutely. @Mafiabob is always saying that the refs should have a mic for all to hear, you would also get a reduction in the abuse they get from players. 

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Its interesting. So many other sports allow it. Suspect it's only a matter of time in football. Don't think it will ever be live like rugby but it will allow a retrospective view. There isn't really any need not to when you have VAR.

Archived