Captain Keogh

rynny

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Great decision. I'm absolutely desperate to see Keogh bring us to the Premier League, just so hopefully he can get more well deserved recognition, and people can finally leave 2014 behind. 

Derby legend. You don't need to look further than the Leeds away game at Elland Road, a centre half that can play a ball like that is worth their weight in gold.

Would love to see him given license to advance “oh Mark Wright-Esque” and play those deft passes in behind...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

For all those Keogh haters out there, that's another Manager (Clough, Wassall, McClaren, Clement, Pearson, Rowett, Lampard ) who its sounds like will play him on a regular basis.

Add in to the equation his international managers.

But, still some supporters knock him ????

Before I get called out, I’ve always liked Keogh and I’m first to point out to replace his quality we would have to spend at least 5 million + he is one of the best defenders in the championship. 

But Clement chose Martin and Lampard chose Davies (and of I’m being pedantic Rowett stripped it of Keogh after the Sunderland game and gave its Davies. 

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Always harsh to change captain and gotta feel for Davies a bit because he’s a top bloke. Would hope we’ve had a proper chat to him about his role this season as he’s gotta still be a good player to have in the dressing room. That said, you have to go for the most suitable candidate as your captain, and with Davies likely to not play hugely coming back from his injury, I think Keogh is exactly that. Almost never misses a game, experienced and he’s Mr Derby County these days. Welcome back captain Keogh!

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Always harsh to change captain and gotta feel for Davies a bit because he’s a top bloke. Would hope we’ve had a proper chat to him about his role this season as he’s gotta still be a good player to have in the dressing room. That said, you have to go for the most suitable candidate as your captain, and with Davies likely to not play hugely coming back from his injury, I think Keogh is exactly that. Almost never misses a game, experienced and he’s Mr Derby County these days. Welcome back captain Keogh!

I don't think Davies will have too much difficulty getting over it.

6 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Before I get called out, I’ve always liked Keogh and I’m first to point out to replace his quality we would have to spend at least 5 million + he is one of the best defenders in the championship. 

But Clement chose Martin and Lampard chose Davies (and of I’m being pedantic Rowett stripped it of Keogh after the Sunderland game and gave its Davies. 

BUT THEY ALL PLAYED HIM . EVERY SINGLE GAME

Keogh or Davies were the choices, given that Davies is coming back from injury he's not going to be a regular starter, at least at the beginning of the season so Keogh is the obvious choice. Davies is still a great defender to provide cover.

People go on about his passing but I'm not a fan of this ducking around at the back. Stick it in row z. No goal conceded and let the midfielders sort it out. 

Apparently I'm getting old lol..  

1 minute ago, DcfcJB said:

Although again if I am being pedantic he was dropped under Rowett for Pearce after the Sunderland game 

However that was Rowett

And then he fought his way back - Because he's a goddamn VIKING

It's fair to say my excitement for the new season is threatening to overwhelm me - Have been relying on cricket this summer for my sport fixes and it's not quite the same

I think I have posted before about Keogh, love the bloke and would pick nobody else in our team as captain, he gets way to much flack for his mistakes, imo thats because hes the last line of defence or covering for someone else being out of position, top class CB at this level and we are lucky to have him. 

People always question his leadership but I think it shows that the way he gestures with his hands doesn't matter. Yet another manager sees how he is with the other players, sees his values as a person and thinks he's a good ambassador for the club. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

People always question his leadership but I think it shows that the way he gestures with his hands doesn't matter. Yet another manager sees how he is with the other players, sees his values as a person and thinks he's a good ambassador for the club. 

I think the way Mount, Wilson and Tomori always celebrated with Keogh after goals/wins etc shows his character as much as anything else for me - He's obviously a great role model for the younger players and obviously looked after the guys who were here on loan and maybe didn't have the same support networks close by as the permanent players

25 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Keogh = Derby legend. Love him. The fact my forest supporting best mate hates him so much makes me love him even more. Not sure what all the hate on Twitter about this is from Derby fans. They clearly don’t know very much about football ️ 

My Forest mates hate him too. The highlight of our 2 recent play off finals was when he was crying. Him and Buxton. Cheats, start fights, hang around refs etc. 

Makes me love him more

Archived