Is Harry Wilson undroppable

Poynton ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondered hen this old chestnut would reappear.

He is "undroppable" because as a young , creative, flair player he can create a goal out of nothing, score a goal out of nothing and can win you a game singlehandedly.

He is "droppable" because as a young, creative, flair player he can go missing in games for long periods of time, get marked or kicked out of a game and be on the fringes of games with little or no impact.

He owes us nothing this season for his effort and his impact. In the team for me every time.

There won’t be anything to say he has to play, but I would suspect we have to pay more if he doesn’t play. Pretty standard and fair enough, you want your loanees playing and developing. I think he is certainly better in form with mount, but he’s so out of form that we shouldn’t let any extra fee stop us dropping him to the bench imo.

Yes he is out of form, BUT certainly recently he's been kicked all over the park with minimal protection from the Refs. What I really admire about him is his absolute discipline to just get up and play. No sign of afters against whoever smacked him!

On 20/04/2019 at 19:30, Poynton ram said:

If fit do the terms of his loan deal mean we have to play him? Does look out of sorts at present.

Had hoped once Mount returned he would up his game but does look like a shadow of the player that was ripping it up earlier in the season.

That aged well. 

After today yes he is. I’ve been highly critical of him in recent weeks, he was the worst player against Birmingham, he was dire in the first half today and I was calling him again. But boy did he come to the party in the second half when it mattered!! Possibly helped by moving into midfield but he was excellent all second half, then the penalty, despite the waiting time and all QPR’s antics he was coolness personified!! He showed terrific character and bottle today.

i don’t think he’ll play many games for Liverpool, I don’t think he will go to the very top of the game but he can play higher than this level. But for us right now, he is absolutely undroppable and i’ll Do my utmost to not criticise him again. 

Without wanting to sound like a negative nelly

but first half today he didn’t actually find a white shirt once 

he was shockingly bad ... no more so than Lawrence but Me and my brother were watching him closely as had been the discussion on the way down

second half he improved a bit but I tell u now if I was a Liverpool scout watching him today and assessing his all round game then I’d go away thinking he’s got a helluva a long way to go before he’s Troubling their first team 

fair play for stepping up for the pen but I’m sorry a pen and a tap in doesn’t disguise that he was really poor again with the ball today, especially if he has aspiration of playing for Liverpool 

Kept going though ... as did Lawrence til subbed but let’s not muck about either could have been taken off today 

Archived