Interesting old video footage

loweman2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, David said:

Might be helpful to drop a description in below each link, right now it’s just a wall clicky clicks not knowing what’s on the otherside. Can edit for you if you like @loweman2?

Yes mate I only did it very quickly as was in a rush this morning, on the first post it came up with the preview image but the rest didn’t, I just felt that they should be put out there a bit more instead of hidden away on some site that nobody knows exists !

go for it dave ! 

6 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Yes mate I only did it very quickly as was in a rush this morning, on the first post it came up with the preview image but the rest didn’t, I just felt that they should be put out there a bit more instead of hidden away on some site that nobody knows exists !

go for it dave ! 

The forum will only embed videos/previews from popular sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc. Anything else will just be a link. Will get the descriptions up now 

11 hours ago, Moist One said:

I actually remember looking on this site years back, and there was a list of loads of old footage that was waiting to be converted and uploaded. Well done for finding.

Yes it certainly needs a few more views, some cracking old interviews

A lot of these links were put up on this forum a few years ago, because I remember posting a few myself.

Mace - Media Archive of Central England is in Lincoln and is the place where I ended up sending about 40 official Derby County VHS video tapes too after Derby Goals transferred a lot of the footage to You Tube initially before passing them on.

I also passed on another 40 or so home made VHS Derby County videos of various clips, all the stuff I'd recorded over the years to somebody on here that turned up at Pride Park outside the megastore. A few big boxes were passed from my car to his before we went our separate ways.

9 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

A lot of these links were put up on this forum a few years ago, because I remember posting a few myself.

Mace - Media Archive of Central England is in Lincoln and is the place where I ended up sending about 40 official Derby County VHS video tapes too after Derby Goals transferred a lot of the footage to You Tube initially before passing them on.

I also passed on another 40 or so home made VHS Derby County videos of various clips, all the stuff I'd recorded over the years to somebody on here that turned up at Pride Park outside the megastore. A few big boxes were passed from my car to his before we went our separate ways.

I vaguely remember reading about them years ago but none of the links worked properly! Makes you wonder why they haven’t been given more airtime on the forum, Facebook, Twitter etc ! Some quality stuff

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

I vaguely remember reading about them years ago but none of the links worked properly! Makes you wonder why they haven’t been given more airtime on the forum, Facebook, Twitter etc ! Some quality stuff

This is a time machine.

I'm a young lad again and Derby County are the best team in the country.

? ♥️

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Yep @loweman2 a few of them worked but the majority didn't and it's great if they are all working now, as you say some quality stuff. Keep posting the links, real good stuff. Up The Rams.

There must be so much of this stuff hidden away on old film spools, not just of Derby Countys past but life in general from the 60s and 70s It’s just people being able to find the time to be able to digitise it before it ends up being discarded!

On 17/04/2019 at 07:46, loweman2 said:

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-21071972-interview-brian-clough-derby-county-manager

Gary Newbon interviews Brian Clough who is standing on the pitch at the Baseball Ground. He describes how the players get tired because they play too many games, talks about his views of refereers and their plans to improve discipline, gives his views on book makers and the odds for Derby retaining the championship and predicts a bright future for young player Steve Powell.

Did anyone else listen to this and think that some things never change at Derby? Everything he said about the refereeing still applies today! 

Archived