The Politics Thread 2019

Day

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

This whole Brexit farce has clearly demonstrated that the UK political structure needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, smaller parties working together.

Spot on.

I consider myself the typical floating voter,  I generally don't take much of an interest in politics and make my mind up whenever the election comes around based on the sitting governments record and what the parties have to offer.  I always make my mind up...  then never vote.  I live in a Labour stronghold and regardless of who wins the election my constituency is a safe Labour seat so 1 vote (or several thousands of votes) doesn't matter either way.

I have voted twice in my life, once for the (not brilliant) PR system that Cameron/Clegg put forwards and Brexit.  I honestly believe that if we had PR we wouldn't be in the mess we are today.  Our current system protects the two main parties and causes division.

Hopefully when the dust settles re. Brexit our system will be so broken that a new, fairer generation of politics and politicians emerge. Meh, who am I kidding ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spanish said:

you don't know what you will get by leaving, you just know what you will be leaving behind.  To call it project fear shows you have blinded yourself to the risks.  So be it but  I thought I would waste 10 seconds pointing it out.  

Mate you will never change my mind on the EU or the Labour Party. 

Both economically bankrupt entities. 

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Have a word - 16.1 Million voted to remain.

Whichever way you want to look at it - over 16 million people are going to be disregarded. It's completely immoral to disregard that proportion of any society.

Maths mate maths one is more than the other that’s how referenda works. 

Vote on proportional representation failed also right 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Eddie you are so ridiculous.

You know better than 17.4 Million people. 

I don't wish to deprive you of your super Brexit unicorn, @Curtains. Here you go...

2144659782_brexitunicorn.jpg.af2ae1f8dd7eabaf69fd914e24b7be3f.jpg

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

They where lied to, it has been proven.

Like I said, if/when we brexit and the jobs are cut, are you holding your hand up, you did vote for it.

Can't answer that can you?  Just like you can't answer any of the other questions.  However, yours are answered and you just bark at the moon.

I don’t believe in project fear 

Short  term pain long term gain. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Don’t worry all you remoaners we ain’t leaving. 

The Politicians have seen to that. 

I am going to cry in the corner now. 

Adios 

Bye.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

AD64CD51-EDAB-4768-BDD4-7A9BF33D03AE.jpegGood win against Durham mate. 

PS I’m still fighting for Brexit though .

Great game, and very strong performance.

43 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maths mate maths one is more than the other that’s how referenda works. 

Vote on proportional representation failed also right 

On both points you are essentially asking for a lot less democracy.

Whilst simultaneously complaining that your view isn't being represented.

For a start proportional representation would almost certainly have delivered some actual UKIP MPs and then as a leaver you'd have been better represented in parliament and might have ended up with the Brexit that you want

The first blow in Scotland's new independence campaign has been struck...

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon tweeted: "Tonight, 12 of the 27 EU member states that will decide the UK's future have populations smaller than or similar in size to Scotland's.

"If we become independent we get to sit at that table - enjoying the same solidarity shown to Ireland - instead of being sidelined by Westminster."

Archived