James McClean Hypocrisy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:32, TigerTedd said:

So I’ve got a mate who was born and raised in England, but both his parents are Irish, born in Ireland. Does that make him English or Irish? He certainly identifies more as Irish. What’s more confusing is that he married a Belgian. He’s got two kids that were born and raised in Belgium. Does that make them half Belgian and half English, or half Belgian and half Irish? They come back to England to visit their grand parents, who live here, so they don’t really have much need to ever go to Ireland. But they have about as much connection to England as you might to Spain if your grandparents had bought a retirement villa out there. 

Thats ones always got me scratching my head. 

Easy….

Breaking news .  James McClean may not be the only person who's not a fan of the Royal Family thereby default the national anthem .  Equally shocking he may not be the world's only nationalist .   Ask half of Scotland pushing for another independence referendum and the fact we had a leave winning EU referendum in 2016. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Easy….

Everything is so straightforward in your world that I'm often kind of envious.  ?

If your parents were to inform you that you had in fact been born while they were on holidays in the Canaries, would you then consider yourself Spanish and support Spain in the next World Cup?

53 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Everything is so straightforward in your world that I'm often kind of envious.  ?

If your parents were to inform you that you had in fact been born while they were on holidays in the Canaries, would you then consider yourself Spanish and support Spain in the next World Cup?

My cousin was born in Kenya, does that make her Kenyan?

19 hours ago, philmycock said:

James McClean hates the UK. He hates our Queen. He hates our flag. He hates our national anthem. He hates our Armed Forces.

He has worked in England for years, on big wages hence he pays big taxes, much more than I'll ever pay in my lifetime.

So thanks James, for helping fund our Armed Forces and everything else British that taxes fund.

Hypocrite. ?? 

Whilst I can’t disagree with you, I look at my own reaction and hypocrisy. Had Rice choose  Ireland over England having already representing the latter, I would have not given him the same benefit of doubt in both this and his tweeted comments and I’m sure would have not been happy.

The media aren’t daft, they know the feeling abound JM, had this been another Irish player making the comments I doubt it would have even been commented on, whatever my thoughts on him, I still think had it been the other way around and it was an English player  I would have agreed with them.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Breaking news .  James McClean may not be the only person who's not a fan of the Royal Family thereby default the national anthem .  Equally shocking he may not be the world's only nationalist .   Ask half of Scotland pushing for another independence referendum and the fact we had a leave winning EU referendum in 2016. 

If he's so anti-British why does he live and pay taxes here? ❄️ 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

If he's so anti-British why does he live and pay taxes here? ❄️ 

Why doe's my mate who supports Forest work in Derby ? Why does my Scottish mate who want's Scottish independence work in England ?. Why do all these people who want to remain in the EU not go and live in Spain ? .  Why do you live here if the Tories/Labour get in power and you don't like it ? Closeness to family, making a point, better wages, can't be arsed too travel, don't like paella - who gives a poo really .  Your clearly missing the point so i'll leave you to it .

5 hours ago, Highgate said:

Yep. 

41 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Why doe's my mate who supports Forest work in Derby ? Why does my Scottish mate who want's Scottish independence work in England ?. Why do all these people who want to remain in the EU not go and live in Spain ? .  Why do you live here if the Tories/Labour get in power and you don't like it ? Closeness to family, making a point, better wages, can't be arsed too travel, don't like paella - who gives a poo really .  Your clearly missing the point so i'll leave you to it .

I live in Nottingham, I pay my rates in Nottingham, I spend my money in Nottingham pubs and restaurants. What's your point? James McClean hates Britain and makes a point of making it known to one and all through his anti-British actions and rhetoric. I hate Forest. I love Derby. Get over yourself, snowflake.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I live in Nottingham, I pay my rates in Nottingham, I spend my money in Nottingham pubs and restaurants. What's your point? James McClean hates Britain and makes a point of making it known to one and all through his anti-British actions and rhetoric. I hate Forest. I love Derby. Get over yourself, snowflake.

You asked a question and got an answer the point is you live in Nottingham for a reason despite in your words hating Forest so I would imagine your in the minority there. ? Work, family, like the theatre or a bit of ice skating  I would  suggest seeing as your a little oversensitive perhaps you are the snowflake here . Summers coming -don't melt

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You asked a question and got an answer the point is you live in Nottingham for a reason despite in your words hating Forest so I would imagine your in the minority there. ? Work, family, like the theatre or a bit of ice skating  I would  suggest seeing as your a little oversensitive perhaps you are the snowflake here . Summers coming -don't melt

Are you ok? You sound like you're stressing a bit

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

McClean ‘hates Britain’ but lives in Britain and contributes towards our taxes. @philmycock hates Forest but doesn’t live in Forest or contribute anything towards Forest. 

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I can’t disagree with you, I look at my own reaction and hypocrisy. Had Rice choose  Ireland over England having already representing the latter, I would have not given him the same benefit of doubt in both this and his tweeted comments and I’m sure would have not been happy.

The media aren’t daft, they know the feeling abound JM, had this been another Irish player making the comments I doubt it would have even been commented on, whatever my thoughts on him, I still think had it been the other way around and it was an English player  I would have agreed with them.

It's true that people don't like McClean, but in all honesty it's with good reason. The guy is a complete jeb end and this current situation sums it up perfectly.

It's more than possible to have a reasonable, rational debate about the Declan Rice situation. Kevin Kilbane made almost the exact same point as McClean a few weeks ago when he said that Ireland should've ditched Rice the moment he refused an international call up to consider his options. Not everyone agreed with Kilbane, but his opinion was generally well received. Kilbane, although not born in Ireland, refused an England U21 international call up because he wanted to represent the ROI. Kilbane practiced what he preached, so his opinion carries some weight.

James McClean, on the other hand, represented Northern Ireland multiple times in U21 football and has since boasted about using that opportunity as a stepping stone to play for the ROI. Yes, some people are annoyed simply because he's James McClean and he looks, acts, and sounds like a walking scrotum, but most are annoyed about his utterly blatant and shameless hypocrisy.

Archived