The Yard Pub

Philmycock

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wow,that looks brilliant..it's about time clubs stopped treating fans(who shell out a fortune each match day for the privilege) as cattle...

A massive step forward.

I agree. Some of the concourse at West Ham is similar, but it's only because it was built for athletics. I can't understand it really, as clubs would make more money if the concourse areas were a bit more hospitable.

These proposals for the east stand will improve the concorse experience pre and post match.  I assume anyone in the ground will be able to use them pre match.

So we do look like we’re at least trying to address the situation.  Who knows? If we cement a Prem place they might even give the south stand concorse a bit of a make over.  But East stand first, that’s where the real fans sit.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

These proposals for the east stand will improve the concorse experience pre and post match.  I assume anyone in the ground will be able to use them pre match.

So we do look like we’re at least trying to address the situation.  Who knows? If we cement a Prem place they might even give the south stand concorse a bit of a make over.  But East stand first, that’s where the real fans sit.

cement?  yes that's my overriding impression of the east stand concourse

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

All we need is somewhere simple to get plastered, and bond with our mates.

TUT!  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes wonder if some of our epoxy fans think personal comfort and fancy prancy cocktail lounges mean mortar them than the quality of the football!  If this carries on, on here, I seriously think I'll throw in the trowel!

TUT!  

cheese room or temperature controlled seats please.   Its the way of the premier league . ( except Goodison where it's all wooden seats that bruise your ass like a bike seat after a 10 mile ride)

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

TUT!  

I’d rather not be plastered at the footy. 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree. Some of the concourse at West Ham is similar, but it's only because it was built for athletics. I can't understand it really, as clubs would make more money if the concourse areas were a bit more hospitable.

Thats the point isn't it.

other sports, other venues, its normal to have much better facilities.

but football....i accept that the beer throwing numpties can have a prison interior, but why not something better and less cramped for the rest.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

I’d rather not be plastered at the footy. 

Well quite.  I don't drink at all*, but then that doesn't quite work so well in an otherwise fantastic pun-fest!  ;-)

EDIT:

*At the football, that is.  I'm not quite teetotal, but I haven't been plastered since the '80's, and probably now average 3 units a month... double that if on holiday!  LOL!

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

TUT!  

Don't forget the kids and their mates!......plenty of bonding, ball pit perhaps?

image.jpeg

Out of curiosity, is The Yard a decent pub? 

Always question it as I walk by and would like to try it at some point. Just wanted to get a feeling of what the others on here though about it?

Looks well kept and never heard any trouble in or around it.

5 hours ago, Dcfcjames said:

when you nip for a quick toilet break during the match and you see people watching the game on the tv in the concourse with a pint downstairs ? never understood that !

Maybe they fancied a pint whilst watching the match

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Maybe. Either way it's up to them how they spend their time.

True, I’ve seen them too on the very odd occasion I’ve had to check my bike tyre pressure during the match.

Its odd when you see it, but you’re correct, it’s up to them.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

True, I’ve seen them too on the very odd occasion I’ve had to check my bike tyre pressure during the match.

Its odd when you see it, but you’re correct, it’s up to them.

Aye, different strokes for different folks.

Archived