Next Season

Mckram

24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

What makes you think villa have managed to get round FFP? They are still very much on a knife edge when it comes to FFP - I would be very surprised if they manage to keep the right side of the limit over 3 years.

Based on what? 

They have had money from the PL for past couple of years and then it’s a loss over X amount of years. I’m no FFP expert, however I would have thought they have no problems given they turned 50m down for a player recently. Probably wrong though??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Yeah I’m sure Burnley think we ripped them off every time Hendrick puts that shirt on and they reap the benefits of staying in the league yet again. Only played 87 times for them as well, what a waste of money ?

If you're saying that Jeff Hendrick single handedly helped Burnley stay in the Premiership for 2 seasons then we'll agree to disagree 

On a related point of another crown jewel how is Vydra doing at Burnley this season 

Think Mel said in an interview that he was willing to sell part of his shares as long as he retains some role on the board in the summer unless I’m imagining it? I’ve heard whispers he’ll do exactly that, potentially to some Chinese investors but nothing hugely concrete, really just wild rumours flying about. Wouldn’t surprise me though, it’s an expensive business running a football club, and on your own like Mel is it must be hard to fund. If I was him I’d definately take a step back and let someone else have a controlling stake if I was still allowed to run things locally for the most part.

Were gonna need a fair bit of investment this summer with all the players leaving, going to need 10+ players in imo whether in the prem or not. That won’t come cheap, but there is the caveat of the hugely reduced wage bill and I would suspect a reduction in the concerns about ffp. We’re a pretty clean slate in the summer, would be an attractive proposition to anyone looking to invest in the championship imo who’s got the money to fund the rebuild required, with the infrastructure already in place.

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think Mel said in an interview that he was willing to sell part of his shares as long as he retains some role on the board in the summer unless I’m imagining it? I’ve heard whispers he’ll do exactly that, potentially to some Chinese investors but nothing hugely concrete, really just wild rumours flying about. Wouldn’t surprise me though, it’s an expensive business running a football club, and on your own like Mel is it must be hard to fund. If I was him I’d definately take a step back and let someone else have a controlling stake if I was still allowed to run things locally for the most part.

Were gonna need a fair bit of investment this summer with all the players leaving, going to need 10+ players in imo whether in the prem or not. That won’t come cheap, but there is the caveat of the hugely reduced wage bill and I would suspect a reduction in the concerns about ffp. We’re a pretty clean slate in the summer, would be an attractive proposition to anyone looking to invest in the championship imo who’s got the money to fund the rebuild required, with the infrastructure already in place.

Would that be Chinese Whispers?

43 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Based on what? 

They have had money from the PL for past couple of years and then it’s a loss over X amount of years. I’m no FFP expert, however I would have thought they have no problems given they turned 50m down for a player recently. Probably wrong though??

Last season there combined 3 year loss was roughly £45 mill which was fine since they were allowed a three year loss of £61 mill.

However this season they are brought almost in line with the rest of the league with 3 year losses of £39 mill allowed, plus they lose almost £20 mill in parachute this year. I believe next season they dont get any payments at all. 

They could of course have decided to turn down the 50 mill and go all out broke for promotion - bit like Bournemouth or QPR and just hope you dont go back down to the EFL or just settle any fines with your new prem riches.

Maybe they will meet FFP, but i personally think they will struggle.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d heard something similar a few weeks back on new investors and it meant that we couldn’t go mad in January in terms of recruiting players which frustrated Frank - but like you say it’s just rumours and nothing for sure.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I can’t think of any previous ‘investors’ who have any serious wealth. 

I suggested adam pearson (who made a fortune out of hull if i remember correctly). The person telling me had been told he had met whoever it was.

you heard it here first ?

I think Mel should come out now and tell us exactly how long he can fund the £13m losses plus the other circa £5m that doesn't count towards FFP.

The last thing we need is to hound him out of the club, or have him welcome aboard dodgy foreign investors before we absolutely have to.

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I suggested adam pearson (who made a fortune out of hull if i remember correctly). The person telling me had been told he had met whoever it was.

you heard it here first ?

I don’t think Pearson made that much to be honest. He’s a connector, a facilitator or whatever but not a substantial money man. 

Now, the Allams have made some money out of Hull. But are bonkers.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I've heard there is a second investor in the wings but the info was very vague. Someone who has been here before. And not gabbo.

Brett Wilson from GSE? He always seemed more interested in seeing the club get success and seemed more engaged than some of the others in the consortium. I’ve heard previously things that would rule out anyone from gadsbys time wanting to return, so would imagine if what you’ve heard true it’d be one of the Americans. Or someone who wasn’t an investor 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Brett Wilson from GSE? He always seemed more interested in seeing the club get success and seemed more engaged than some of the others in the consortium. I’ve heard previously things that would rule out anyone from gadsbys time wanting to return, so would imagine if what you’ve heard true it’d be one of the Americans. Or someone who wasn’t an investor 

All of GSE were sick of investing money, they literally didn't want to stick another penny in, so Mel's interest was a godsend to them. 

That's why the takeover happened so quickly, by autumn that first season they were requesting Mel bring his planned future investment forward, which he did.

By the end of that first season, he'd bought the club outright, well ahead of schedule.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

All of GSE were sick of investing money, they literally didn't want to stick another penny in, so Mel's interest was a godsend to them. 

That's why the takeover happened so quickly, by autumn that first season they were requesting Mel bring his planned future investment forward, which he did.

By the end of that first season, he'd bought the club outright, well ahead of schedule.

Fair enough then, I’d suggest any likelihood of previous investors returning to be nil then. As I’ve said none of the gadsby era lot will be back, and I hardly think the three amigos will be making a return 

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I think Mel should come out now and tell us exactly how long he can fund the £13m losses plus the other circa £5m that doesn't count towards FFP.

The last thing we need is to hound him out of the club, or have him welcome aboard dodgy foreign investors before we absolutely have to.

Why should he? It's up to him how much money he has and how long he can afford to/chooses to bankroll us. We have no right to expect him to come out with such information. 

Also, it wouldn't exactly help with any negotiations with potential investors if he said he can only continue to fund us for X years.

He's made mistakes but, it would be quite sad if he did have to move aside. 

Finally, we never want "dodgy" investors - foreign or British. Not all foreign investors are bad (Leicester City) and not all local investors are good (Blackpool). 

Archived