Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just seen that Tom Lawrence was arrested last night in Preston....

For impersonating a professional footballer 

That's nothing, there was lots of arrests in Derby last night...

Apparently lots of people impersonating Derby County fans. ?

33 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This 'joke' would have been less dire if a) impersonating a pro footballer was a criminal offence and b) there was some sort of story of Tom been in trouble with the law recently.

If b) has happened and I've missed it then it's not quite as bad as I thought.

Just a joke mate, don’t read too much into it ?

Thought the back 4 looked solid enough last night with Holmes playing left back and out of position he dealt with it well. A well deserved clean sheet, still worries me what we are creating up top other than a Wilson wonder goal. My gripe is still with the lack of creativity in the middle of the park. Bryson has lost his spark completely, Evans made some good challenges but his ball passing is nowhere as effective as Huddlestones, so he's a definite start for me. Malone Did a job defensively but again his final ball lets him down something Forsyth was better at. 

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Ive just thawed out mi owds... Plus on way back there was a crash at j37 M1.... When I gor in Hilda wont happy.... Anyway all I'll say about game is that it was dog poo really wont it......

You drove?

i thought you'd a gone ont push bike.

12 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Thought the back 4 looked solid enough last night with Holmes playing left back and out of position he dealt with it well. A well deserved clean sheet, still worries me what we are creating up top other than a Wilson wonder goal. My gripe is still with the lack of creativity in the middle of the park. Bryson has lost his spark completely, Evans made some good challenges but his ball passing is nowhere as effective as Huddlestones, so he's a definite start for me. Malone Did a job defensively but again his final ball lets him down something Forsyth was better at. 

First of all Holmes played at  back not left back, for me our centre backs were excellent, which they have been most of the season, our problems have been at full back, Malone can not defend and is out of position far to much, think Cole will start next game, also Bogle will be a great player some day but at the mo has lost his confidence, and also allows to many balls into our box, hope Wisdom gets match fit, and get back to the form we all know he is capable of, when we get King in the middle and Mount back fit we will be fine in that department, also need Marriott back as soon as possible, get our best 11 out there, then we could beat anyone, at this level.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

That's nothing, there was lots of arrests in Derby last night...

Apparently lots of people impersonating Derby County fans. ?

No longer a crime in the privacy of your own home. Particularly if it involves consenting adults.

however, there are always a few who will hang around bars in Preston or wherever and whisper a gruff "excuse me mate, but....are you a....Ram?"

8 minutes ago, Gisby said:

His bike clips have gone rusty ?

Cud a walked ovver them pennines wi nowt but a snap tin and a stray dog for company.

them hob nailed boots wud a made easy wuk of it, even int freezin cold.

Yes we got a point, yes it was the first time Preston hadn’t scored at home all season and yes we had injury’s. BUT I would much rather us play like we did against West Brom and Boro away than that, the performance last night was terrible, up there with Leeds. We were so short of proper footballers, I understand what Franks trying to do with “transition” but 5 of the players who started last night were his and 2 he had rejected offers for. That was mostly his side, it wasn’t good enough! What do they do in training. The harsh reality is if we don’t start turning up for games we’re going to drop away again. And have to watch teams like Leeds, Norwich, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Wolves play premier league football, teams that have been in the lower leagues and nowhere near for the past few years. Cmon Derby pull yourselves together and start turning out performances and wins!! Also Mounts out for about 3-4 weeks so we need more in midfield.

3 hours ago, ram93 said:

Disappointing last night, but just want to touch on Franks signings. So far i can understand why Reading didn't want Evans, the fact that they are towards the bottom of the league and he couldn't get in their team added to the fact we were competing with league 1 Sunderland for his signature suggested to me he wasn't good enough for a promotion chasing team. I don't think one of his long range passes reached its target last night. I hope he proves me wrong, but can't see him being the long term replacement for Huddlestone. 

Frank keeps 'moaning' about the lack of funds etc, but if i'm honest the money he's spent so far he's wasted. Bar Marriott and Holmes i can't see where he's got value for money on his permanent signings. Evans i've touched on, Flo Jo can't get in the team, Malone is quite inconsistent. Waghorn i love to bits and wish he'd start more, however the fee we paid for him i just cannot justify. I know Waghorn has no influence over the fee we pay, but in my eyes if you paying 5mill rising to 7.5mill for a player, he should then be the first name on the team sheet and a match winner. The type of player that if he doesn't play we miss, e.g Wilson. If I'm honest i can't see how waghorn is that player, i believe we could have got a Waghorn type player for half the fee we paid for him.

Thoughts?

I suspect whatever the cost of the team we put out last night, make-shift or not, and their cumulative wages it will have dwarfed the spend and wages of Preston North End. So I buy the point when against the other big spenders in the league and our ability to compete with them in the run-in but toe-to-toe with Preston then we have quite abit more resource than they do. But away from home, on reflection, it was a good point under the circumstances and we move on.

Archived