Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure this will be as easy as some think....

The stadium/pitch/atmosphere/weirdness of it all will all act as a leveller. Its a cliché to say it but if we can be professional then it should be no issue.

I wouldn't be too upset with a replay either - I like going to games!!!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

Any good massage parlours up there mi owd. Got a right stuff back ... Just needs a good rub... Might pop in before match... 

We have a supporter liaison officer from another team actually being incredibly helpful to us and you want to embarrass yourself with comments like this. It's like schoolboy humour as well. Do us all a favour and keep the comments respectful to everyone. Just no need.

The information provided by Stanleyhouse has been excellent.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Think you will find it was Clough against Crawley. He played Ben Pringle and left Bueno on the bench ?

In my mind I’ve swept that into PJs department. It was still his fault! Even losing at home to Bristol Rovers in the Cup was fault. And losing to Plymouth in 84. 

1 fa cup semi final in my lifetime. All due to Paul Jewell.

My Chesterfield supporting mates tell me that even by lower league standards this is a horrible place to visit. They never like going there & usually get beat.

The ground is awful, situated on a hill & exposed to the elements. The pitch isn’t the best, a great leveller. No doubt the dressing rooms are small & inadequate.

This is in no way a dig at Accy, who have worked so hard & done remarkably well to get to where they are. All credit to them.

But if our lot are expecting something like their pampered surroundings of Moor Farm or Pride Park they will be in for a rude awakening. We need to have the right mindset & be switched on from the start, because Stanley will definitely be up for this.

It's not a horrible place to visit. It's one of the friendliest.  Since we last played Chesterfield we have a new stand, toilets, food and drink concessions. It might be one of the hardest places to play. Close to crowd, intimidating, very sparce, tiny changing rooms and always bitterly cold.

You'll love it!

21 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

It's not a horrible place to visit. It's one of the friendliest.  Since we last played Chesterfield we have a new stand, toilets, food and drink concessions. It might be one of the hardest places to play. Close to crowd, intimidating, very sparce, tiny changing rooms and always bitterly cold.

You'll love it!

I for one can't wait ! 

46 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Plus half your ground as well

What are your beers and pies like your ground mate.

Or is there any fish and chip place outside your ground mate.

Bowland Brewery Ales. Remember £2 a pint. ( or £1 after if we win ) We've got a marquee fanzone and live music.

Pukka pies. There's a chippy about 7 mins walk away. 

1 hour ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Bowland Brewery Ales. Remember £2 a pint. ( or £1 after if we win ) We've got a marquee fanzone and live music.

Pukka pies. There's a chippy about 7 mins walk away. 

Pukka pies beat Holland’s every day of the week for me, though I’m on outskirts of Stockport where Holland’s seem to rule the roost so I’m pleasantly surprised you have the superior Pukkas Stanleyhouse.  ??

Archived