'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

A bit stumped by some of our own supporters defending Leeds over this, but some get off on trolling.

All teams openly watch their next opposition and look at stats about how they play. Absolutely nothing wrong with this at all, however, that is not what Leeds is guilty of. They have spied on training sessions just prior to games against their opponents. There's only one reason to do this and that is to see how the opposition are going to set up to play against you, and to see if there are any specific corners and free-kick routines.

It is cheating and unacceptable. Leeds should be deducted points, but won't be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Prior to the press conference, this was just a local issue between Derby and Leeds, he has now admitted to spying on every team this season.  Do you not think that the Chairmen of the other teams in the league, especially those chasing the riches of promotion will not put pressure on the EFL/FA to act? 

Before the press conference I was expecting a slap on the wrist/fine, thinking about it further however Bielsa's 'honesty' might backfire massively.

No mate.  All of what I said before applied, regardless of how many people moan.  There is no legal precedent and no law to apply to this for anything beyond the slap on wrist that "bringing the game into disrepute" brings.  I suppose they could lose thier  minds and try it anyway but it would be thrown out of court in a heartbeat regardless.  There is nothing they can do about that, if they even want to try.

Heat maps of player's positions in every game from the last two seasons can be viewed by anyone with a computer.

Final preparations and team formations for a specific game in the future can only be got by spying on the opposition.

Nothing to see here.

It isn't just about what is documented and in the public realm but how that knowledge is intended to be used by another individual.

That's why he's spying.

Not to confirm the knowledge of what has been done but rather to explore how others plan using that knowledge in the future.

I’ll admit a certain amount of admiration for the man in terms of him being so “up front” about his use of this tactic all season at all clubs, although it’ll be interesting to see the LUFC official reaction to this given the “we knew nothing” apology we officially received.

However, all this talk of “I already have the information, I only do it to double check & lower my anxiety” (not a direct quote) doesn’t wash with me: there are things that these “scouts” are sent to find out specifically in relation to the upcoming game, namely the likely starting XI based on who trains and who is looking injured and any tactical preparations specific to the upcoming game; these are not things he’s necessarily going to gleam from 360 hours of previous game footage or insight.

If somebody is there with binoculars to watch, is it beyond the realms of possibility that they will also try to listen to catch specific instructions and tactics to be used against Leeds so that they can be countered proactively?

14 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

No mate.  All of what I said before applied, regardless of how many people moan.  There is no legal precedent and no law to apply to this for anything beyond the slap on wrist that "bringing the game into disrepute" brings.  I suppose they could lose thier  minds and try it anyway but it would be thrown out of court in a heartbeat regardless.  There is nothing they can do about that, if they even want to try.

Whatever helps you sleep better tonight ?. We'll see in the coming days what the fallout of all of this is, but I'm done for the night, gotta match to watch. 

36 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

This man called a press conference to brag about his scouting techniques and dissect DCFC weaknesses in front of the world. This bloke is a next level troll and he's got massive balls and I like him.

At this point Lamps should be looking at paying Leeds a consultation fee for telling him the sides weaknesses.

This bloke is a next level troll and he's got massive balls and I like him.

Couldn’t see that on any of the stats.  Have you been spying round Thorpe Arch changing rooms?  ?

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I hope this winds all our players up to motivate them & then get them to go on a winning run 

be good if leeds finish 3rd and we pump them in the playoff final ?

Be better if we watch them get pumped in the play off final, having gone up as champions.

Archived