NFL 2019 Season

Day

8 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not too late to switch teams, just don’t jump on the Browns bandwagon.

? it’s far to late.

weve still got a pretty strong team, defence should still be one of the best, if Dalvin Cook stays healthy he can be a top RB. Thielen & Diggs are as good as any WR duo. But to make the play offs we will need an o line that can give Cousins more Protection than he got last season.

we will need a good draft....or hope the Bears fall off a cliff ? I’m not overly worried about the Packers or Lions at this stage.

Rooting for the plucky Browns has gone out of the window now they actually look good.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If there was such a thing as having a second team., mine would be the Browns.

I have family in Cleveland (poor souls) and always wanted them to do well.

They remind me of Newcastle. Great support, cr@p team!

Which is weird when they branded themselves as a Brown and Orange team, of all the colours to choose from

Browns are going to be great to watch next year. I watched a lot of the Chiefs last season largely due to Mahomes being magic, but think I'll be keeping a close eye on the Browns revolution next season. It's not difficult to get behind Baker Mayfield, plus for the bad press Beckham gets, I only see him in a good light. The bit of time he spent with Marquise Goodwin's sister prior to the game last season was beautiful to watch. He's clearly a great guy off the field, even if he's prone to strops on it. 

It will be a pleasure, no... an honour, to beat them in the Superbowl. 

Shame we couldn't have signed Justin Houston, we were definitely involved there, but $24m over 2 seasons is just way too much for us.

Getting RG3 back to be behind Lamar is good business. Has experience, has learnt from his playing mistakes and means we don't have to change the offense too much if Lamar was to get injured. Good mentor.

Looking forward to the start of the season and the upcomong draft. I'll probably skip staying up this season to watch the draft though. Overall it's been a good FA with plenty of shakers and movers. As a cheifs fan I am slightly concerned with the ongoing Hill issue's and feel that losing both him and hunt would be our undoing for a few years. Loving the Browns atm simply because I have Mayfield in my keeper league. 

The Denver Broncos' proposal to provide teams with an alternative to the onside kick generated a lot of interest from the Competition Committee with only one member opposed to it.

The members believe it could be a fun option for teams, given that rule changes designed to make the kickoff safer have all but eliminated the chance to successfully execute an onside kick. The proposal calls for teams to get the option, a maximum of once per game during the fourth quarter only, of foregoing a kickoff and instead attempting to remain on offense following a score by converting what would essentially be a fourth-and-15 play from its own 35-yard line.

If the play is converted, the team keeps possession. If the attempt fails, the other team takes over possession.

The owners still have to vote this week after the rule is presented to them. But with only one no vote from the committee, there's a good chance that it could pass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024006/article/john-mara-only-no-vote-for-onside-kick-alternative

Very interesting....

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can't see that being accepted. Would need to be 4th and 25+.

I think I read somewhere that the conversion rate for onside kicks (before recent rule change) and 4th and 15 plays are pretty similar (something like 8% and 10%), which is why that particular number has been targeted.

4th and 25 conversion is essentially 0% I think, but being in a position to have to try such a play must be very rare.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I think I read somewhere that the conversion rate for onside kicks (before recent rule change) and 4th and 15 plays are pretty similar (something like 8% and 10%), which is why that particular number has been targeted.

4th and 25 conversion is essentially 0% I think, but being in a position to have to try such a play must be very rare.

lead to our Superbowl run

Apparently 4th and 15 has the same success percentage as an onside kick (around 15%). Idea would be you can only do it in the 4th quarter when you’re losing.

Would hope to see that put through, better entertainment and safer for the players. Will be an absolute nightmare on Madden though.

edit: somebody already said it ?

Archived