NFL 2019 Season

David

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Okafor getting PAID by the Chiefs. Probably a little overpayed, but when you have a star rookie QB you can afford to overpay some people.

Saints have officially re-signed Bridgewater and signed Malcolm Brown.

Apparently, Jared Cook is currently visiting with the Saints - that's a HUGE hole in our offence filled if we manage to do a deal with him.
Also rumours regarding Ziggy Ansah who would, if able to stay healthy, be an upgrade on Alex Okafor.

So far, despite losing Ingram, I'm really happy with Saints free agency.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Alex Okafor getting PAID by the Chiefs. Probably a little overpayed, but when you have a star rookie QB you can afford to overpay some people.

Saints have officially re-signed Bridgewater and signed Malcolm Brown.

Apparently, Jared Cook is currently visiting with the Saints - that's a HUGE hole in our offence filled if we manage to do a deal with him.
Also rumours regarding Ziggy Ansah who would, if able to stay healthy, be an upgrade on Alex Okafor.

So far, despite losing Ingram, I'm really happy with Saints free agency.

Cook to Saints would indeed be huge, as if your offence needed to be any more frightening ?

Meanwhile Vikings have signed Shamar Stephen, who comes back after having a year away in Seattle, he will replace Sheldon Richardson. 

Everson Griffen has restructured as expected, no sign of any linemen yet though.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Cook to Saints would indeed be huge, as if your offence needed to be any more frightening ?

Meanwhile Vikings have signed Shamar Stephen, who comes back after having a year away in Seattle, he will replace Sheldon Richardson. 

Everson Griffen has restructured as expected, no sign of any linemen yet though.

And we'll probably use our 2nd round pick to grab a much needed WR#2.

Try and compete for the SB this year. duck Brees off at the end of his contract. Pay the guys who need paying but tank the 2020 season and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021. 

The masterplan is underway! ? 

It seems likely we will restructure a few contracts to see us have more ability to maneuver in the market, which is very much needed! We need some work on the D and potentially OL - certainly depth on the OL. Disappointed Saffold left, but can't blame him. 

I trust Snead to get it right. If Gurley isn't right, though, it could be a tough year.  It all depends on how we draft, but we need some ready-to-go starters to jump in almost immediately. 

Vikings o line problems made worse as Nick Easton signs for the Saints. Was hoping he’d return from injury and stay, but the Saints has a lot more money to offer. 

Tom Compton has also gone to the Jets, meaning 3 linemen have now gone, with very little cap room left.

On 19/03/2019 at 02:53, David said:

Imagine signing Blake Bortles, I’d be pissed if we signed him as the tea boy but backup QB ?

There are not many tea boys who have thrown 35 TD's in a season and have hung 45 points on the Steelers in Pittsburg in the playoffs.

He clearly has talent hence him going #3 overall and the Jags extending his contract.

However, he is very inconsistent.

Some experts think that is down to poor coaching, changing of systems etc.

Who knows?

McVay will give him good coaching.

As a back up he's a fantastic pick up and a MASSIVE upgrade on Mannion who had a pre-season QB rating in the 40's.

Both Keenum and Foles looked terrible under Fisher (i.e. poor coaching), then one went on to play in the Championship game and the other became the Super Bowl MVP.

I don't know a Rams fan whose knowledge of the game I respect who thinks this isn't anything other than a great signing.

You either have a  back up that you know cannot play (the Colts, Steelers, Giants, Packers and the Saints have done this in the past, as did the Pats last year) and hope to hell your QB stays upright.

Or, you have a solid back up like the Eagles did in 2017, the Pats did with Cassell in 08 or 09 (can't remember which and I'm too lazy to check) and the Rams in 1999 and you don't get derailed by an injury to your #1.

Either approach makes sense.

Pick your poison.

Just make sure your poison isn't the tea boy.

Finally some o line movement, as we sign Josh Kline. Been solid at guard for the Titans and Patriots, probably the best available at this point in free aganecy so im happy with this.

Trevor Siemian has gone to the Jets, as they seem to be trying to take our whole roster over there...so we are need of a back up QB. Will be interesting to see if we look to pick up a cheap option or go for one in the draft.

7 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Finally some o line movement, as we sign Josh Kline. Been solid at guard for the Titans and Patriots, probably the best available at this point in free aganecy so im happy with this.

Trevor Siemian has gone to the Jets, as they seem to be trying to take our whole roster over there...so we are need of a back up QB. Will be interesting to see if we look to pick up a cheap option or go for one in the draft.

What's your cap space like?

I'd have taken a run at Rodger Saffold before the Titans grabbed him. Gutted to see him leave he's been very solid the last 4 or 5 years after an injury-plagued start to his career. 

At least the Chiefs appear to be self combusting,

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

What's your cap space like?

I'd have taken a run at Rodger Saffold before the Titans grabbed him. Gutted to see him leave he's been very solid the last 4 or 5 years after an injury-plagued start to his career. 

At least the Chiefs appear to be self combusting,

Pretty dire and amongst the worst in the NFL. Last I read we had about $3.5 million left, and it’s been departures needed to allow space for any incomings. Saffold would have been great, but we couldn’t match what the Titans offered.

20 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

There are not many tea boys who have thrown 35 TD's in a season and have hung 45 points on the Steelers in Pittsburg in the playoffs.

He clearly has talent hence him going #3 overall and the Jags extending his contract.

However, he is very inconsistent.

Some experts think that is down to poor coaching, changing of systems etc.

Who knows?

McVay will give him good coaching.

As a back up he's a fantastic pick up and a MASSIVE upgrade on Mannion who had a pre-season QB rating in the 40's.

Both Keenum and Foles looked terrible under Fisher (i.e. poor coaching), then one went on to play in the Championship game and the other became the Super Bowl MVP.

I don't know a Rams fan whose knowledge of the game I respect who thinks this isn't anything other than a great signing.

You either have a  back up that you know cannot play (the Colts, Steelers, Giants, Packers and the Saints have done this in the past, as did the Pats last year) and hope to hell your QB stays upright.

Or, you have a solid back up like the Eagles did in 2017, the Pats did with Cassell in 08 or 09 (can't remember which and I'm too lazy to check) and the Rams in 1999 and you don't get derailed by an injury to your #1.

Either approach makes sense.

Pick your poison.

Just make sure your poison isn't the tea boy.

Reminds me of when I was trying to justify us signing Chris Weale ?

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Pretty dire and amongst the worst in the NFL. Last I read we had about $3.5 million left, and it’s been departures needed to allow space for any incomings. Saffold would have been great, but we couldn’t match what the Titans offered.

Yikes, $3.5m won't even cover your draft class. Looks like there's more leaving or some serious restructuring of contracts!

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s not too late to switch teams, just don’t jump on the Browns bandwagon.

21 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yikes, $3.5m won't even cover your draft class. Looks like there's more leaving or some serious restructuring of contracts!

Kyle Rudolph is expected to restructure and we seem to be trying to trade Trae Waynes. Trevor Siemian, Tom Compton, Nick Easton & Andrew Sendejo all leaving in the last few days is probably why it looks better now.

still think we need a OT, another guard, a 2nd RB and a WR3 at least, obviously there’s the draft to come as well.

12 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not too late to switch teams, just don’t jump on the Browns bandwagon.

If there was such a thing as having a second team., mine would be the Browns.

I have family in Cleveland (poor souls) and always wanted them to do well.

They remind me of Newcastle. Great support, cr@p team!

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Kyle Rudolph is expected to restructure and we seem to be trying to trade Trae Waynes. Trevor Siemian, Tom Compton, Nick Easton & Andrew Sendejo all leaving in the last few days is probably why it looks better now.

still think we need a OT, another guard, a 2nd RB and a WR3 at least, obviously there’s the draft to come as well.

Siemian went to the Jets a few days ago.

Archived