NFL 2019 Season

David

Just now, Srg said:

This year they have voted trial challenges on OPI and DPI, among other things.

Would laugh if this year the officials make a dodgy PI call that could have given the Saints a replay 4th down and chance to go the Super Bowl, under review wiped out and they lose ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Would laugh if this year the officials make a dodgy PI call that could have given the Saints a replay 4th down and chance to go the Super Bowl, under review wiped out and they lose ?

Be interesting how it works, could make playing DB very difficult. How are they going to manage matchups which have been quite physical all game, then finally one gets reviewed, is it given or not? Not sure it's going to work, it should have probably been a referee lead thing.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Be interesting how it works, could make playing DB very difficult. How are they going to manage matchups which have been quite physical all game, then finally one gets reviewed, is it given or not? Not sure it's going to work, it should have probably been a referee lead thing.

Why has it only been introduced for next season only, is this normal for the NFL, trial it for a year then ask teams to vote again to make it permanent?

44 minutes ago, David said:

Why has it only been introduced for next season only, is this normal for the NFL, trial it for a year then ask teams to vote again to make it permanent?

Correct. They don't like to commit to any rule changes, it gives them the ability to backtrack without *looking* like they ducked up.

I assume this is the sort of thing that a coach is going to need to have a challenge flag to get it reviewed though? I can't think of a scenario in which it would be automatically be reviewed, unless DPI resulted in an interception or OPI resulted in a TD, in which case they *should* be overturned under the current rules anyway.

Don't think this will be all that controversial. By the time PI calls really matter in games, most coaches have already run out of challenge flags.

Makes sense, as you say has to be a flag as you can’t run automatic reviews on non called PI. Might hold on to those flags a little longer, Tomlin throws his down out of boredom I can only assume at times 

Agree with what you say, just think you'll end up in a situation where one is thrown, it's given as PI, then the media and coaches will compare it to all the other calls in the game that weren't/should've been and you end up with just as much frustration and anger as you did anyway. Then they'll be thinking of another way to do it again.

A good website here for tracking which prospects have visited what team prior to the draft: http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

Rams have really spread out their options:
2x TE
1x OT
2x G/C
1x CB
2x S
1x WR
5x DE/LB
1x RB
2x FB 

I don't see a need in a tight end, both Everett & Higbee are productive players, I'd have expected a few DTs to be seen prior to the draft since we're losing Suh. It also indicates we're looking for a FB, potentially, at least someone to compliment Gurley/Brown. If it was me, I'd be looking at DT & the OL going forward. I guess a safety to learn from Weddle would be a good move too. 

It's safe to say that the Buccs & Chiefs are leaving no stone left unturned! 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

A good website here for tracking which prospects have visited what team prior to the draft: http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

2x TE
1x OT
2x G/C
1x CB
2x S
1x WR
5x DE/LB
1x RB
2x FB 

I don't see a need in a tight end, both Everett & Higbee are productive players, I'd have expected a few DTs to be seen prior to the draft since we're losing Suh. It also indicates we're looking for a FB, potentially, at least someone to compliment Gurley/Brown. If it was me, I'd be looking at DT & the OL going forward. I guess a safety to learn from Weddle would be a good move too. 

Unsurprisingly a lengthy list of O linemen, and the names I wanted to see, which is good. Apparently Safety is a priority as well.

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

2x TE
1x OT
2x G/C
1x CB
2x S
1x WR
5x DE/LB
1x RB
2x FB 

Pretty funny looking back on this over the years. Rule of thumb... Ravens rarely draft anyone who visits.

"Always take the best player available" is the rule that basically every GM lives by, and once you get to, say, the 10th pick onwards - there's always someone (or, usually, multiple someones) who's available that the team didn't expect to be.  Someone who they didn't bother getting in for a visit because the team didn't see them as a potential option. 

You have to get pretty far down the field before a team is willing to pass on the "best player available" in favour of "their guy". 

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

"Always take the best player available" is the rule that basically every GM lives by, and once you get to, say, the 10th pick onwards - there's always someone (or, usually, multiple someones) who's available that the team didn't expect to be.  Someone who they didn't bother getting in for a visit because the team didn't see them as a potential option. 

You have to get pretty far down the field before a team is willing to pass on the "best player available" in favour of "their guy". 

Yeah, Spielman has been publicly adamant that, he will be selecting the best player available, and not just the best lineman like some of our fans are clamouring for. 

I was going to post about my favourite RB earlier but got sidetracked. A bit surprised the Bears let him go, he’s a better option in the real world than he is in fantasy, especially as a foil to Cohen.

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

If we do this keeper league, shall we do an in person draft or just over the internet. Could get a proper draft board?

Human interaction? ?

On 30/03/2019 at 16:03, Westcumbrianram said:

If we do this keeper league, shall we do an in person draft or just over the internet. Could get a proper draft board?

It would depend on locations of all involved, some may have to travel quite far. If people are committed to it, there may be some interest. If not? We could still do a keeper league online, and use a group video chat service (not sure if there are any good ones though...)

I would probably have the furthest to travel with ebing in west Cumbria. I would try and make it in Derby, if not just a whats app group would be good enough. If people are struggling to make the draft times. I can make each pick upto 3 or 4 hours long to give people plenty of time for time differenceor qork commitments. Usually takes about 2 weeks if done that way or less with a whats app group as you can inform the next player its their pick. 

15 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I would probably have the furthest to travel with ebing in west Cumbria. I would try and make it in Derby, if not just a whats app group would be good enough. If people are struggling to make the draft times. I can make each pick upto 3 or 4 hours long to give people plenty of time for time differenceor qork commitments. Usually takes about 2 weeks if done that way or less with a whats app group as you can inform the next player its their pick. 

Can just use a proper website, sure ESPN or NFL.com have keeper leagues.

Archived