Watchable telly

dog

17 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Dno if it's been mentioned but Severance on AppleTV is great. 2nd season in production.

Skipped this several times looking for something to watch but finally started it last week, finished last night. Slow burner that gets better as it goes on - we really enjoyed it, interesting concept. Really well acted too. S2 in Jan 25 I think. 

On 04/09/2024 at 10:15, NottsRam said:

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it so far.  Took me a while to realise it is based on the murders of John and Joan Stirland at Trusthorpe, which Nottingham crime bosses arranged.  Can't be a coincidence.

The Gunn family from the Bestwood estate, All started with a shooting in Bulwell, The Stirlands were targeted as a result of their Son being involved and were then forced to move to Trusthorpe, The Gunn's had paid a young fella to join the Police force who then became their informant for 2 years, It was him who found out where the Stirlands lived.

9 hours ago, NottsRam said:

What did you think?

Not sure if it was because I wasn't 100% concentrating but I found the way they jumped around a bit confusing.

Like there wasn't that much of a story so they padded it and made it convoluted to create depth.

Bizarre story but I didn't think they delivered it as well as they could. 

22 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Skipped this several times looking for something to watch but finally started it last week, finished last night. Slow burner that gets better as it goes on - we really enjoyed it, interesting concept. Really well acted too. S2 in Jan 25 I think. 

I might have to give this another go. I got to the end of episode one and lost interest but if it gets better I'll have another look.

3 minutes ago, NOTSA74 said:

I might have to give this another go. I got to the end of episode one and lost interest but if it gets better I'll have another look.

The story and characters grew on us and we were glad we stuck it out.  Yes it's a bit weird, but that's part of the appeal - don't shout at me though if you still find it poo 😀

On 04/09/2024 at 20:26, Brammie Steve said:

We gave up watching after 20 minutes....

Way too much foul language which spoiled the dialogue and added nothing to the storyline!

Quite right, I tend to turn anything off that mentions N********m more than a couple of times.

On 05/09/2024 at 11:08, Anag Ram said:

In my opinion, far better than the first. Monica Dolan deserves an award for her performance. 

If you like odd British films then she's good in Typist Artist Pirate King.