Watchable telly

dog

On 31/12/2023 at 16:17, Bob The Badger said:

Finished Kin last night. 10/10, fookin outstanding and so glad there's a 2nd season with a 3rd commissioned. Upo there with Top Boy and Gomorrah for me.

@Anag Ram - how did you get to see season 2, VPN?

Totally agree - nearly gave up after the first 10 minutes of the opening episode but so glad I didn't.

On 29/12/2023 at 11:04, Bob The Badger said:

What did you think?

We're 6 episodes in, and I think it's effing brilliant.

Other than finally finding The Sopranos, It may be the best thing I've watched all year.

Loved it, just started season 2 over Christmas. 

itv x

Mr Bates Vs the Post Office...4 episodes with Toby Jones in the lead role

True story of the Sub Postmaster scandal, A great watch with a little humour and a lot of angst against the post office

Finally got around to watching the Boiling Point series after enjoying the movie a year or so ago.

I thought it was really good and the kitchen scenes were incredibly real and well filmed.

In fact, we were both really enjoying it.

And then it ended.

Either they have a second season already commissioned, they ran out of money or the writers are playing some elaborate joke, but I don't remember any series ending with so many loose ends. Weird. 

Finished Korean zombie drama Happiness the other night. A pharmaceutical drug causes 'Mad Human Disease' and people get quarantined in a fancy apartment building. Very good if you're into that sort of thing.

Now moved on to Gyeongseong Creature. A typical Netflix horror/thriller, but set during Japan's occupation of Korea. Also pretty good.

Started watching Lupin last night with very high expectations. For some reason, I thought it was going to be like the brilliant Spiral.

Hated the first episode, felt really hammy with a preposterous plot and lame humour.

It was more the style/feel of it that I didn't care for (a bit like Reacher for me which I thought was awful), but if you guys say it's fantastic and I need to stick with it, I may.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Started watching Lupin last night with very high expectations. For some reason, I thought it was going to be like the brilliant Spiral.

Hated the first episode, felt really hammy with a preposterous plot and lame humour.

It was more the style/feel of it that I didn't care for (a bit like Reacher for me which I thought was awful), but if you guys say it's fantastic and I need to stick with it, I may.

It's one that grew on me, but the jokes remain daft and the plots even dafter, so if you don't find yourself taking to the characters, I'd probably give it a skip. I probably gave it more latitude than I might have because Omar Sy is in one of my favourite ever films, The Intouchables, which I strongly recommend anyone and everyone to watch, especially anyone feeling in need of a lift. It's a delight and a treasure IMHO. 

Started watching Money Heist: Berlin last night, as we kind of really got into the original Money Heist series (in Spanish with subtitles - NEVER the dubbed voices). As a prequel it was a bit disconcerting as it kind of felt very familiar but wrong at the same time. Like putting your shoes on the wrong feet or something. Took me a while to get used to it but by the end of the first episode I was quite enjoying it. Will stick with it

I'll also give my second recommendation for a 30 minute comedy to Fisk. Finished that at the weekend and loved it to bits. Some absolutely great characters 

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Been saving the last series of Gomorrah for most of the year to watch during this holiday and just watched the finale. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Brilliant script, brilliant acting, brilliant locations, brilliant ending, in fact brilliant everything!

Still my favorite series of all time, but Kin is running it close.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I can see how you liken it to Reacher. Reacher to me felt like tea-time nonsense akin to the A Team back in the day. For me Lupin is a bit closer to Sherlock.  More on the fun side of action, than realistic. If you liked Sherlock it might be worth sticking with.

Edited by therealhantsram

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

It's one that grew on me, but the jokes remain daft and the plots even dafter, so if you don't find yourself taking to the characters, I'd probably give it a skip. I probably gave it more latitude than I might have because Omar Sy is in one of my favourite ever films, The Intouchables, which I strongly recommend anyone and everyone to watch, especially anyone feeling in need of a lift. It's a delight and a treasure IMHO. 

Oh wow, The Intouchables gets 8.5 on IMDb. Is it on Netflix?

On 29/12/2023 at 16:54, Premier ram said:

New series of Traitors starts on the Beeb next week hope it can live up to the first series 

On 29/12/2023 at 19:17, ketteringram said:

I felt exactly the same, and only got around to watching it about two weeks ago. After the first episode, I was wondering how they'd manage to get 22 of the most annoying people you could imagine, all on the same show. 

Didn't like episode one, but thought they'd probably wasted most of that explaining who they were, so gave episode 2 a go. 

After that, loved it 😀, and its really not the sort of thing I like.

I like the way they tweak the rules as it goes on. 

I couldn't care less about the silly tasks they do each day. If I watch the next series, I'll probably just fast forward all that! 

After only catching bits here & there of the first series, I've decided to watch this one properly - starting last night with S2 Ep1.

I fast-forwarded through the challenge bit, though, and can't for the life of me work out why they exist. After all, it's in everyone's interest to bump up the prize fund (not as if the traitors have to try and make them fail).

Edited by Wolfie

52 minutes ago, richinspain said:

It's on Netflix here in Spain. I imagine it is in the UK too. Excellent film, well worth watching.

Cannot find it on Netflix, will have a look on my firestick.