The winger conundrum

RamNut

Lawrence - right footed playing on the left, not producing

jozefzoon - not producing

bennett - injured

waggy - not featuring, possibly carrying an injury or not producing?

thomas - out on loan, time to return?

Harry wilson - midfielder or winger?

So.....What next?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

bennett - injured

So.....What next?

“Anya was always part of my plans” says Lampard

9 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Isn’t this how rumours start? 

By "thinking out loud" on the internet you mean?  Yes it is.

This particular one has been hinted at for well over a month now.  There's plenty on here questioning why Waggy hasn't been starting much... and nobody has come up with the answer, as yet. 

Until clubs open up to fans (which isn't scheduled to become law until the 12th of Never), speculation and/or rumour is all we have to go on! 

It's what football forums were invented for!

Waghorn is coming back from a injury, I'm not falling for all this something is wrong behind the scenes b******, it's called managing an injury!!!!! He will start tomorrow. 

We could do with a winger who isn't scared to beat the full backs, I'd be tempted to look at prem fringe players on loan, Jordan Ibe, Hudson Odoi (although came off injured), Brahim Diaz from city? 

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Waghorn is coming back from a injury, I'm not falling for all this something is wrong behind the scenes b******, it's called managing an injury!!!!! He will start tomorrow. 

We could do with a winger who isn't scared to beat the full backs, I'd be tempted to look at prem fringe players on loan, Jordan Ibe, Hudson Odoi (although came off injured), Brahim Diaz from city? 

Diaz set to join Real Madrid for £13.5m according to today's Press. Perhaps not then?

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No, rumours start because players like Waghorn are continuously dropped to the bench after scoring goals.

When it makes no sense, all kinds of speculation flies about.

Surely it makes complete sense that a player coming back from hamstring injury is being brought back cautiously because if he pulls up with it he’s going to be out longer?

I’d have Waghorn in my 11 every time but it doesn’t take much thought as to why they’ve been cautious with him. It’s frustrating yes, but going straight into making up that it’s personal is laughable 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

bennett - injured

So.....What next?

Stop playing 433? 

Lawrence- Isn’t as good as he thinks, but could be as good as he thinks, if he didn’t act like he’s as good as he thinks

Josefzoon- Hidden quality within a poo overall game

Bennett- Makes Things happen but anonymous at times- cover

Waghorn- The key to a balanced frontline, for some reason never played

Thomas- Bring him back, can’t be worse than flojo

Wilson- Class, best technique I’ve seen in a derby shirt... probably in my lifetime, getting better in overall play

Weve got one player there who imo is quality above this level and that’s Wilson, but at the moment he needs to be played inside because our midfielders are so poo. Lawrence could be as well with some work, Waghorn is exactly what we need to balance Marriott, Bennett fits that role as well and Thomas has potential, as does the somewhat older flojo, if he can learn to pass and actually help his full back.

In essence, there is no winger conundrum, but there’s a duck off midfield one. Once Wilson can be played wide, with him, Lawrence, Waghorn were good.

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Stop playing 433? 

Again this formation can sometimes haunt us but I feel with two strong strikers like Waghorn and Marriott we could be dangerous. Imo they are both too threatening not to be on the pitch in the strikers role. Think the holding midfielder is to protect and distribute balls which the defence struggles to do so. 

Archived