Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Him stumbling over his own feet and falling on to the ball hand first to give away a pen away at Sunderland last season will be how I remember him. He went down in stages and managed to cost us two points in the process. 

It's nice to know that it has been immortalised on Netflix forever in the Sunderland documentary. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read some garbage on this thread. To even compare Bryson and Butterfields contribution for Derby is a disgrace. While Brys is not the player he used to be, he will go down as a legend. 110% every week, consistent in his performances, scored goals and loved playing for the club. Butterfield on the other hand is one of the laziest players in recent memory. Undoubted ability on the ball, but no real influence on a game of football. Sidewards and backwards with no energy levels whatsoever. His performance at Reading in Macs second reign was one of the worst I’ve see in a Derby shirt. Didn’t break sweat and didn’t care. Good riddance!

4 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Read some garbage on this thread. To even compare Bryson and Butterfields contribution for Derby is a disgrace. While Brys is not the player he used to be, he will go down as a legend. 110% every week, consistent in his performances, scored goals and loved playing for the club. Butterfield on the other hand is one of the laziest players in recent memory. Undoubted ability on the ball, but no real influence on a game of football. Sidewards and backwards with no energy levels whatsoever. His performance at Reading in Macs second reign was one of the worst I’ve see in a Derby shirt. Didn’t break sweat and didn’t care. Good riddance!

One or two are trying to rewrite a bit of history me thinks, unfortunately if you do it by trying to discredit other players then it does your argument no favours in my eyes. 

On 08/01/2019 at 08:05, 86 points said:

Stirring a hornet's nest but I think Frank has frozen him out for non-footballing reasons. From the little I've seen of his performances for the U23s, he looks to be absolutely on his game right now. If Hull are successful with their bid they'll be getting a very good player IMO. 

We know Frank is concerned about the Pride Park atmosphere. If I recall, Butterfield was booed by some dcfc "fans" in preseason. Could be Frank decided Butters wasn't important enough to the squad to make it worth risking a toxic atmosphere on the pitch/in the stands. Who knows? Frank decided he wanted to work with a smaller squad at the start and looking at where we are, I think that tough stance has been vindicated.

Clearly it didn't work out for Butterfield at Wednesday either, but he has got a lot of quality and will do well for someone. Think he suits being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

We know Frank is concerned about the Pride Park atmosphere. If I recall, Butterfield was booed by some dcfc "fans" in preseason. Could be Frank decided Butters wasn't important enough to the squad to make it worth risking a toxic atmosphere on the pitch/in the stands. Who knows? Frank decided he wanted to work with a smaller squad at the start and looking at where we are, I think that tough stance has been vindicated.

Clearly it didn't work out for Butterfield at Wednesday either, but he has got a lot of quality and will do well for someone. Think he suits being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. 

Yep, could be. As I said, it's only a hunch really, based on Frank being a smart guy and Butters being a reasonable fit for the style Frank wants to play. To get zero game time suggests there are other reasons for the lad's omission but it's pure guesswork. I actually think Frank might place a deal of emphasis on a player's demeanour and Jacob always looks like he's chewing a wasp. Perhaps in some small way this has not helped. Tough on the lad if it's so as there's a decent player in there. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He always looked to be a player who was here against his will and here only for the money ( I am not drawing fault with that but that’s what he seems to show to me)

I think that's just the way that his body language comes across, never disliked the bloke.

I remember being at Notts County away in preseason when he came on, a huge wave of boos came over him before some fans started to question themselves as to why they were doing it.

For some reason the fans have gone against him because of comments that were made when he joined Sheff Wednesday on loan. Never really understood the hate to be honest.

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Yep, could be. As I said, it's only a hunch really, based on Frank being a smart guy and Butters being a reasonable fit for the style Frank wants to play. To get zero game time suggests there are other reasons for the lad's omission but it's pure guesswork. I actually think Frank might place a deal of emphasis on a player's demeanour and Jacob always looks like he's chewing a wasp. Perhaps in some small way this has not helped. Tough on the lad if it's so as there's a decent player in there. 

One of the better Championship teams asked about Butters this week. Looks very likely this one will run all the way to the end of the window. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of the better Championship teams asked about Butters this week. Looks very likely this one will run all the way to the end of the window. 

And then the paperwork will go astray on deadline day as Butters is distracted by his hamster in labour.  You know it will happen.

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Now that is a tease Carl - who are one of the better championship teams is a very open book ( is anybody possibly considering buying him or are we just looking to loan him out)

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

99% sure it’s a Yorkshire based team. My guess would be Sheffield Utd

Best three in the division for me are Leeds, Sheff Utd and WBA. If he gets a move to one of those he’s barely getting a game. Which is better than he’s got here. 

I’m a big fan, but he needs to go to a less fancied club and be the top dog. 

But anywhere will do so we can move on. Same goes for anyone else Frank isn’t going to use. 

5 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Best three in the division for me are Leeds, Sheff Utd and WBA. If he gets a move to one of those he’s barely getting a game. Which is better than he’s got here. 

I’m a big fan, but he needs to go to a less fancied club and be the top dog. 

But anywhere will do so we can move on. Same goes for anyone else Frank isn’t going to use. 

Absolutely agree. The guy desperately needs to be playing. Yes one of those teams has asked about him, and obviously there's bound to be big appeal, but I think he needs to be the main man somewhere to rediscover his mojo. 

From a selfish Rams perspective it's no good having a group of players frozen out of the action, as it has to breed negativity while sucking up wages. So, for us, anywhere will do indeed. 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Absolutely agree. The guy desperately needs to be playing. Yes one of those teams has asked about him, and obviously there's bound to be big appeal, but I think he needs to be the main man somewhere to rediscover his mojo. 

From a selfish Rams perspective it's no good having a group of players frozen out of the action, as it has to breed negativity while sucking up wages. So, for us, anywhere will do indeed. 

Why don't you say which team?

Butterfield has never justified his transfer fee for which the club is still paying. I have no doubt that he is also on decent wages.Coupled with the signings of Johnson, Blackman and Anya Butterfield is a considerable financial burden. This isn't his fault. The club's transfer policy under Paul Clement was ruinous and has hindered our chances of promotion. Whether Butterfield goes now is irrelevant because he is out of contract in the summer and I doubt that he will be offered a new contract.

I wonder whether Bielsa might not be interested as Leeds have lost Samuel Sáiz to Getafe? I think he would suit their style of play and he has the kind of technical ability that Bielsa would appreciate. Whether he be guaranteed games however, is an entirely different matter. He doesn't seem to prosper in high pressure environments either, which might not augur well for him were he at a club like Leeds. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don't think he needs to. He'll want to move to Yorkshire and he wouldn't suit Leeds' style of play.

LOL - I've just posted the complete opposite line of thought. Why do think he wouldn't suit Leeds bud? Genuine question. I assume then that you think the club looking at him is Sheffield Utd?

Archived