Jacob Butterfield - Joined Bradford City on loan

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why do you think? He hasn't been involved in our first team for nearly 2 years, on a fair whack of a wage, out of contract in the summer + we needs outs before ins.

So based on all of that - yesssssss

but we will still be paying most of his salary = no benefit

out of the team = no benefit

this type of out doers us no favours

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue I think with Butterfield is that he's the type of player who needs ton of space and a couple of seconds to produce the killer pass / shot. Doesn't work with the quick interchange of passes we're currently playing.

He does need to go, but he's apparently been fantastic for our academy players when he's played for the U23s.

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

but we will still be paying most of his salary = no benefit

out of the team = no benefit

this type of out doers us no favours

We don't know how much of the wages are covered and whether or not a loan fee is involved but there is normally so kind of fee. Any money we receive/save can go towards bringing in someone who will be in the first team so it does us some favours

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We don't know how much of the wages are covered and whether or not a loan fee is involved but there is normally so kind of fee. Any money we receive/save can go towards bringing in someone who will be in the first team so it does us some favours

not exactly a YESSSS though is it, careful if something good happens your head my explode?

tenor.gif?itemid=7967328

Various teams wanted Butters on loan, including more late interest from the Championship which he turned down.

Wherever he went, after what's been going on my impression is that the lad is genuinely keen (ie desperate) to play regular football again. And for those who didn't realize, Bradford is his hometown club so this is a chance to get back to his roots and family and where he's at home and play football until the end of the season.

They're obviously not paying his full wage, but his wages have always seemed remarkably low to me given the size of fee we paid for him, so they're paying a reasonable proportion.

However badly things have eventually gone for him at Derby over the last couple of years he's still a better player than bottom six of League One. He's giving himself the best chance to shine (home town club, close to family, a level below his true worth) in order to earn a new deal in the summer. I'd be surprised if he wasn't back in the Championship come August.

In the right side, he's capable of scoring double figures from midfield. Good luck to him.

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Various teams wanted Butters on loan, including more late interest from the Championship which he turned down.

Wherever he went, after what's been going on my impression is that the lad is genuinely keen (ie desperate) to play regular football again. And for those who didn't realize, Bradford is his hometown club so this is a chance to get back to his roots and family and where he's at home and play football until the end of the season.

They're obviously not paying his full wage, but his wages have always seemed remarkably low to me given the size of fee we paid for him, so they're paying a reasonable proportion.

No wonder he always looked miserable .Good luck to the lad if he wants to play.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

It sounds like you have some actual insight on the matter though, and to be honest we are not too keen on that one these sort of threads.

I'd much rather slag him off and just assume he's only here for the wages and not interested in playing football if that's ok with you?

Archived