Who would swap Marriott for Abraham?

MackworthRamIsGod

Given the chance would you happily swap Tammy for Marriott, it would be interesting to ask Villa fans the same st the minute.

Before the end of August, even before seeing Marriott play, if I was told we could get Tammy Abraham for a year long loan providing we got rid of Marriott, I would have drove him to Raynesway tip and left him there. I think most fans may have done similar.

Now, I ain't so sure!

Marriott is showing he can finish like a top top striker, the chest he laid off yesterday (I forget who to) reminded me of Martin in his prime.

He is my new hero, along side Wilson, Mount, Carson, Tomori.

And Huddlestone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Given the chance would you happily swap Tammy for Marriott, it would be interesting to ask Villa fans the same st the minute.

Before the end of August, even before seeing Marriott play, if I was told we could get Tammy Abraham for a year long loan providing we got rid of Marriott, I would have drove him to Raynesway tip and left him there. I think most fans may have done similar.

Now, I ain't so sure!

Marriott is showing he can finish like a top top striker, the chest he laid off yesterday (I forget who to) reminded me of Martin in his prime.

And Huddlestone.

You know what?

I believe you. I'm currently compiling my Christmas "Look at the crazy stuff people said earlier" thread - and you feature a few times. Don't feel bad though - so do I.

I actually went to Villa Bolton on Friday night and Abraham was really impressive. He’s clearly a very good forward at this level, however, he doesn’t have the work rate and desire off the ball that Marriott has. I think that’s so important for this formation. After he scored, as soon and B’ham kicked off, he was off against and forced their defender into a rushed long ball, which was so impressive 

Furthermore, Marriott is ours and tied down to a long term deal, he’ll be an important asset to this club if he can keep up this kind of form. It really does beg the question why more teams didn’t bid. I’m sure if we opted against signing Marriott during the whole saga and went down a different road, and Marriott was firing on all cylinders for a promotion rival, we’d all be gutted right now. 

Abraham is clearly a good striker, if we could’ve got him here I’d still want him but Marriott suits us so much better, so I wouldn’t swap him at all.

I remember someone alluding to the fact that we should have got Abraham because he “guarantees promotion.” Other than the fact that with Bristol City he finished 17th and Villa are currently 14th, they’re probably right.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Now, I ain't so sure!

And Huddlestone.

No offence but that’s why Frank got the three year contract and the big bucks and not you. 

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It really does beg the question why more teams didn’t bid. I’m sure if we opted against signing Marriott during the whole saga and went down a different road, and Marriott was firing on all cylinders for a promotion rival, we’d all be gutted right now. 

Height. Think about now many sides play with a lone striker. Can imagine scouts going to many managers in our league and saying they’ve found a gem, only to be totally shot down when the manager finds out he’s 5 foot 6. Half the league wouldn’t even entertain the idea.

Difficult to say as I've only seen Tammy play when watching the highlights on TV which are, by definition, the highlights so you'd expect him to look very good. 

Having said that, Marriott is doing a fine job for us so I don't think I'd want to swap him for anyone at this level. 

Abraham is goo at this level and one season doing not great in a gash team in the top flight so would be more of a proven at this level deal, Jack was a could he step up the level risk, also not fit at the start of the season.

Now the context has changed, Marriott has stepped up and is becoming a key part of our forward play in most of our attacks and shows the impossible to teach predator instinct.

I wouldn't change now, would've been less clear cut back in august. But then, back in August, we didn't know if Lamps had anything beyond being a very good recently retired player.

Both very good players at this level, but no way would I swap Jack, in our set up, he is so important, works harder than most forwards I have seen, can finish very well, always gives defenders a hard time, if Jack keeps this up he.will play at the top level, with Derby for years to come, best 3 million we have spent in years

Archived