We could have the pick of the litter in January

MackworthRamIsGod

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

With a player of the quality of Davies waiting to come back, I'd love to see what Tomori could make of the right back position. We had a little look, with that run down the left wing against WBA and that was on his wrong side. 

I agree with this 100% tomori is a very technically good player and could deffo play right back. Davies is too good to leave out indefinetly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely think there will be more outgoings than in. We have a large squad and good players arent even training with the first team.

We have made mistakes so many times of buying for the sake of it, look at clement buying Blackman, didnt need him then tried to shoehorn him in at the expense of players who had got us top.

Only buy if what you are getting is a decent amount better than what you have got now.

Unless we have any injury problems or someone shows up that will significantly improve us I can't see us doing much business in January. 

I do think with Lampard and the rest of the coaching team, teams will favour us when looking for places to develop their players due to our play style and focus on youth. 

Take last season for example. Palmer hardly got any game time despite being a bright spark and making things happen when playing. Which team would want to risk that again if we had last seasons staff still in charge? 

I can’t see a lot of incomings unless we see departures but the one area we need to cover is central mobile midfield as mount and Bryson are the preferred choice ( Wilson currently doing ok as well ) assuming that a johnson ledley type is not mobile enough

23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Midfield is probably the main position I’d look at, and to that end, Phil foden imo would be the missing piece of the jigsaw for me. Long shot but maybe after seeing what we’ve done to mount, guardiola might be willing to send him our way..

Good shout I think. 

Wouldve been unthinkably unrealistic in the past. But Foden has ambitions of playing for England. And mount has shown that playing for us is a much better way of getting a call up than warming a bench. 

The only areas I’d strengthen or cover for Bryson (love Bryson, but if he was gradually moved to the bench in favour of younger blood doing the same thing better for the latter half of the season, it wouldn’t be the end of the world), and cover for Carson. 

If they’re not for cos they’ve not been playing, that’s not the end of the world either. Marriott took a month or two to get up to speed, and so might a loaner, but if they’re ready for late feb / March, they might be what we need for the run in, they don’t have to start the day they sign, if we’re doing okay. 

On 26 October 2018 at 21:11, Millenniumram said:

Midfield is probably the main position I’d look at, and to that end, Phil foden imo would be the missing piece of the jigsaw for me. Long shot but maybe after seeing what we’ve done to mount, guardiola might be willing to send him our way..

I see the Mirror are reporting that Juventus are sniffing around Foden due to his contract finishing with City this summer.    

Personally I think there's gonna be plenty moved on from Derby this transfer window and with Lampards Man City links any loan deal that involves Fonden would be an excellent addition to the squad.  I can't see Foden getting much game time and replacing David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Fernandino, Sane, Mahrez, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero or even Jesus!   ?

The best time to strengthen or to just tweak the squad a little is when you’re in a good position in the League.Next June,contracts for Johnson,Pearce,Butterfield,Ledley,Bryson,Roos,Nugent,Olsson and Huddlestone expire and that should free up a considerable amount of wages.We also have Lowe,Thomas and Elsnik to return from loans so the squad will still be a decent size. For me,I think we still need better cover for Carson than Roos and,if Pearce leaves in January,a strong,decent ,young centre half should be the prime target.Not seen enough of him but Davies at Preston is being linked with us and seems highly rated by their fans.I can’t see us keeping Mount or Wilson next season but Tomori would be an excellent signing if we can persuade Chelsea to let him go.

Are we covered against injuries?  Mount, Wilson, Tomori, Keogh and Carson Marriott if he continues to improve.?

At Xmas we need a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a striker. 

Who may leave at Xmas because their contract is up in the summer. I should imagine that most would like a new contract with us. 

Can we have an update on who will be out of contract in summer please

Bottom 7 teams in Premier  have played a total of 68 games and won 7 between them. None of them can play like we can play. Food for thought. Fulham hammered everyone for over 20 games, they have scored 11 in 10 games and conceded 28.we are feasting on football at present. 

On 26/10/2018 at 15:38, northantsram said:

At this moment it looks like theres a few positions we could still strengthen quite a bit. But if its a loan they would have to be significantly better than what we have.

As much as a love Bogle and i think he will be a good player going forward .. a real quality attacking right back is where i would start.

Frederiks...don’t think he’s had much game time for West Ham. Probably the best right back in the champ last year 

Archived