Home Kit Colours

Day

Home Kit Colours  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Have you just come up with that? That is seriously seriously cool. In fact if you decide to knock out a few I’ll certainly make a purchase. Superb , loving IT! How come clubs spend fortunes on shirt development when people like David do this for free ( I’m assuming??

Just grabbed the Ajax shirt, desaturated it, increased contrast, removed sponsor and Ajax badge and thrown on the ram and 32 Red. No real wizardry or talent, just a quick job for the member that fancied a Ajax style shirt.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Just grabbed the Ajax shirt, desaturated it, increased contrast, removed sponsor and Ajax badge and thrown on the ram and 32 Red. No real wizardry or talent, just a quick job for the member that fancied a Ajax style shirt.

Loved Ajax as a kid with Mr Cruyff in full flow, that design is smart and be a different take on what we have ?

1 minute ago, R Yoth said:

Come to think about it our Ground was Navy blue! Was all this the same time we changed our club badge as well? (Which was change for the better) Think there was a design competition in the local paper ?

20181001_152057.png

Had my ST next to nearest upper exit, cheers R Yoth for the memory ?

Black and white .. don’t care if it’s hoops, stripes, contrasting shirt shorts .. just that the team’s colours are what they are.

and then we could have a built in flashing multi coloured LED ram badge to stay a bit modern like ?

36 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If changing from black to navy means an end to that dolt of an announcer saying "it's black and white and in your DNA youth" then I'm all for it.

If it means getting that pain of an announcer removed from the ground I'll happily watch us play in red.

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

No glory day ever had John Middleton in goal.

Don Masson, John Middleton, Billy Hughes, Terry Curran and Gerry Ryan should never have been allowed to be in the same stadium as the likes of Rioch, Nish, Todd, George etc.

It looks like a Fantasy Football team where you've spent all your points on four or five players and end up filling the rest of the side with padding.

On 28/09/2018 at 16:55, SKRam said:

Knew someone would mention black socks, yuck with a capital ? 

This has been  debated a while back, I was surprised so many wanted black socks, they’ve never looked right to me, very Trevor Hebbard ( I did like him) ?. White socks always look far more regal. It’s all about opinions which is great..... as long as we keep white socks. 

A charity shirt colour one year or for a few months maybe. Don’t a couple of teams have a pink shirt at the mo? 

...what about black and white socks. I had black and white “hooped” socks with my first ever Derby kit {1969 div 2 Champions version}. I bet @loweman2 has a set in his collection. . 

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

...what about black and white socks. I had black and white “hooped” socks with my first ever Derby kit {1969 div 2 Champions version}. I bet @loweman2 has a set in his collection. . 

its just so sad isnt !!

i am finally starting to get what my mrs is on about !!! 

IMG_2059.JPG

On 28/09/2018 at 13:36, mike93rh said:

I want to see us return to black socks with black shorts. Been white socks for years but the black socks make me reminisce of the 98' Wanchope/Eranio/Baiano days. 

The 2015/16 home kit had black socks.

I say stay with black & white. I don’t like the blue shorts. Definitely no stripes or hoops either (Watford’s kit this season is horrible. It would look so much better if it was just yellow with black sleeves)

9 hours ago, David said:

What was the initial reaction from fans at the time to the change from black to blue shorts as we had worn black for 74 years?

Was there any backlash when we went back to black 18 years later, obviously we had some successful years wearing the blue. I was only 7 at the time so didn't really mean much to me, black is all I've really known. 

When we changed to blue and white, I wasn't bothered it was basically the England kit. In truth at the time we could have changed to pink with sky blue spots and I wouldn't have cared. We were playing in the first division, beating all the big clubs and playing brilliant football. I was living the dream and sat on cloud nine.

When we reverted back to black and white I was happy. Even though we played in blue and white for a number of years I still thought of us as a black and white team.

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Have you just come up with that? That is seriously seriously cool. In fact if you decide to knock out a few I’ll certainly make a purchase. Superb , loving IT! How come clubs spend fortunes on shirt development when people like David do this for free ( I’m assuming??

7 hours ago, David said:

Nice to see I get  mention. Do I get ten percent of any sales?

I’m a traditionalist so it’s got to be black and white for me. That is Derby County’s fundamental identity. I would be in favour of a look back to history and a season of blue/amber/chocolate as a home kit as a one off {like Arsenal did a few seasons ago} but only as a one-off exception. 

I love this season’s kit. Those who are looking to change it and tamper with the basic white and black I don’t generally agree with. We often end up with “contrived” designs that just look wrong and are often only done to justify making it different to justify the cost of a new kit. 

The only other exception would be if “they” {Umbro? The Club?} allowed the fans to design a kit; but beware of Isigonis’s camel { ie the horse that is designed by a committee}. 

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Would love to see the blue and white back !

BDD63B3C-274F-41E7-B328-B40E817E812E.jpeg

3EBDE2BE-4ADD-4DB1-B843-837C320409A6.jpeg

If we’re going retro, what about a labour of moles ( had to look up collective noun for that?) and releasing them in PP for a few days, get that pitch more like BBG 

I'm amazed that there's even a debate. Blue and White are clearly Derby County's proper colours and anyone who disagrees is wrong...FACT!?

I know that at some point we played in black and white in years gone by, but I only started watching in 1973 and by then we'd been in blue and white forever (two years is forever when you're four).

Every one of my Panini stickers and football cards featured players in white shirts and blue shorts - apart from the irritating Gordon Hill one which still had him in a Man U shirt despite saying 'Derby County' at the bottom. I was brought up mainly near Hinckley and pretty much lived in a Derby replica shirt from 6 to 13. I got so much abuse from Leicester fans, but I loved being the odd Ram out. I didn't mind being called Patrick but being called Le rooster got a bit irritating after a while. I had to retire my Fly British Midland shirt after the sponsor's letters moulted. Nothing compared to my first 75-76 Umbro shirt of champions though. 

I was there when Franny Lee thumped Norman Hunter in a packed BBG. I can remember Steve Buckley hitting free kicks so hard that the net almost burst. I can recall having England's defence and Scotland's midfield. I've seen Derby County play Man U when THEY were the underdogs. I've witnessed Paul Emson beat four players and then fall over a blade of grass, three times in a half.

All of these memories are of the days when DCFC wore white shirts and blue shorts. And remember, the man who we all owe for turning Derby County from an average small town club into a club which stands proudly as the colossus of the East Midlands and the embodiment of all that's great about our city is Brian Clough. It was also Brian Clough who chose our proper club colours of White and Blue. Robert Maxwell almost ended our wonderful club, taking us to the verge of liquidation. It was he who changed the colours to the wrong ones. Is it any wonder that we're cursed to be the also rans in black shorts? It's Karma. In Blue shorts we could realistically claim to be the best side in the country, maybe Europe, possibly even the world. 

In my heart I know that we'll return to our rightful position as Champions of England as soon as we revert back to our proper colours, and deep down inside you know it too, unless you're a closet Red Dog who doesn't want us to succeed.

Archived