Home Kit Colours

Day

Home Kit Colours  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If someone made up some mock-kits in those designs it would be easier to make a decision, but for now I voted no to the stripes, hoops idea.

A Peru-style shirt with a black strap instead of red could be nice.

Think people are focusing too much on the hoops and stripes with Celtic, QPR and Newcastle. That's 2 which have voted no now based on those which were only examples. As you say a Peru stripe could be nice, so you are open to something a bit different.

I will edit the poll question and remove those examples.

What about reversing the colours, black shirt, white shorts, would actually tie in better with the songs for the season, Guiding the heroes, In the black and the white. I know black and white rhymes better for the song, but just a suggestion to throw out there. 

3 hours ago, mike93rh said:

I want to see us return to black socks with black shorts. Been white socks for years but the black socks make me reminisce of the 98' Wanchope/Eranio/Baiano days. 

Knew someone would mention black socks, yuck with a capital ? 

This has been  debated a while back, I was surprised so many wanted black socks, they’ve never looked right to me, very Trevor Hebbard ( I did like him) ?. White socks always look far more regal. It’s all about opinions which is great..... as long as we keep white socks. 

A charity shirt colour one year or for a few months maybe. Don’t a couple of teams have a pink shirt at the mo? 

2 hours ago, David said:

We went through a number of different kits before landing on white and black

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 14.08.54.png

Was from 1897 we stuck with white shirts, black shorts until 1971 which is when we switched to white shirts and blue shorts until 1989.

We did experiment a bit in the 90's with stripes and more black, this is one of the first shirts I had in 93

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 14.11.13.png

After Puma we've not really had anything out there that's been kind of unique, bit different. Joma gave us a black stripe down the front in 05/06 but that's it. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

The red, black and white striped one would be great....

22 minutes ago, R Yoth said:

Glory days. White,Dark navy, ...always liked the Red numbers on the back as well. Also remember our fans scarfs being Navy & white with red trim.

What was the initial reaction from fans at the time to the change from black to blue shorts as we had worn black for 74 years?

Was there any backlash when we went back to black 18 years later, obviously we had some successful years wearing the blue. I was only 7 at the time so didn't really mean much to me, black is all I've really known. 

40 minutes ago, David said:

What was the initial reaction from fans at the time to the change from black to blue shorts as we had worn black for 74 years?

Was there any backlash when we went back to black 18 years later, obviously we had some successful years wearing the blue. I was only 7 at the time so didn't really mean much to me, black is all I've really known. 

I was probably around the same age, so Derby were always Navy and white, and still were eary 80s . It was probably a modern colour and idea at the time in the 70s (looks classic to me).....I'm just glad we didn't end up wearing beige, Brown & Orange ?

55 minutes ago, David said:

I don't recall any backlash at all. I do remember there were adverts for the new kit with the slogan 'Back to Black' or some such thing.

3 hours ago, David said:

ajaxderby.png

Have you just come up with that? That is seriously seriously cool. In fact if you decide to knock out a few I’ll certainly make a purchase. Superb , loving IT! How come clubs spend fortunes on shirt development when people like David do this for free ( I’m assuming??

Archived