Home Kit Colours

Day

Home Kit Colours  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bit of a random one to throw out there, was looking just now at picking up the home shirt as I've only got the away so far and got me thinking about kits. 

I know we have some oldies from back when Brian Clough changed our kit to white shirts with blue shorts, pretty sure @loweman2 has a few pictures knocking around! 

Would anyone want to see us back in white shirts and blue shorts for a one off season, maybe longer, or is that all history now leave it be? We wear white shirts, black shorts, don't change it.

I see other clubs like Watford who traditionally wear yellow shirts but in recent seasons have more black in them, 15/16 they had more black than yellow with the horizontal stripes and this season they have black and yellow vertical stripes. 

What if Derby went a bit different one year? Black and white stripes, hoops, or even reversed it black shirts, white trim, white shorts. Not full on Cardiff where they tried to completely rebrand the clubs colours from blue to red. Just one off designs like other clubs are experimenting with.

I know a few fans moan each year at the kits being boring, so what would you do different?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's a Grimsby thing isn't it. You just want us to wear black and white stripes so you don't get bullied on your way to the chippy wearing your Derby shirt.

I thought it might sound a bit fishy! ?

41 minutes ago, David said:

What if Derby went a bit different one year? Black and white stripes, hoops, or even reversed it black shirts, white trim, white shorts. Not full on Cardiff where they tried to completely rebrand the clubs colours from blue to red. Just one off designs like other clubs are experimenting with.

I like a home kit to be simple - Stick to the standard colours and make a nice, classy version of it - I think they've done that very well this year

I also don't want other clubs to accuse us of 'copying' - Black and Whits stripes for me is Notts County or Newcastle

The away kit I'm open to more elements of flash - I used to love the yellow and blue ones when I was a kid - I even really liked the thunderbirds kit - So I think there's room in there to be more playful with a kit already

24 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Could go back to the pre-white shirt strip from the v early days for a special anniversary season - a bit like ManU did with the green and yellow Newton Heath thing a few years back.

Isn't our very original strip some sort of maroon, sky blue and something else horror - a bit like a Harlequins rugby shirt? ?

We went through a number of different kits before landing on white and black

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 14.08.54.png

Was from 1897 we stuck with white shirts, black shorts until 1971 which is when we switched to white shirts and blue shorts until 1989.

We did experiment a bit in the 90's with stripes and more black, this is one of the first shirts I had in 93

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 14.11.13.png

After Puma we've not really had anything out there that's been kind of unique, bit different. Joma gave us a black stripe down the front in 05/06 but that's it. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

Archived