U23s v Swansea City

Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pluses were Eyoma and Mcallister when he came on........I don't understand the views on Chris Martin I thought he was woeful and if you didn't know him you'd hardly have noticed him. But it seems he can do absolutely nothing wrong in some peoples eyes, just watch the game as if you don't know any of the players and see who catches the eye. He certainly didnt......

Anya took his goal well and hopefully a scout was watching so we might get a percentage of the 4.5m we paid for him, Bird looked neat and tidy until his silly challenge and thought generally we played the ball backwards far too much where Wassall then slowed it down too much, would've liked to have seen Sibley considering how many were on the bench, all in all a good result with 10 men though 

8 hours ago, Saity said:

Pluses were Eyoma and Mcallister when he came on........I don't understand the views on Chris Martin I thought he was woeful and if you didn't know him you'd hardly have noticed him. 

If you'd watched a bit more you'd have seen that most of the decent attacks came through him, plus with little service (for all the praise of Eyoma - little end product) from midfield he still had a decent attempt saved at the end. He created space, won headers, closed down players, encouraged the team forwards, did what he could with little midfield creativity - what more could he have done?  

On 21/08/2018 at 08:45, RoyMac5 said:

If you'd watched a bit more you'd have seen that most of the decent attacks came through him, plus with little service (for all the praise of Eyoma - little end product) from midfield he still had a decent attempt saved at the end. He created space, won headers, closed down players, encouraged the team forwards, did what he could with little midfield creativity - what more could he have done?  

I watched the whole game 

Archived