Crazy Keogh hating

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

We’re trying to play it out from the back but you’d bench our best footballing centre-half for six months?

Our best footballing centre half who passed it straight to the opposition (twice) in our first game of the season and looked uneasy for 90 minutes against Leeds. Yes.

Best footballing centre half or not, even 1 mistake like that per game can cost us points.

Is he really that good at playing from the back, or does he just try hard to? I'd rather him concentrate on the basics first..

I'd personally rather have a CDM (Huddlestone) that will happily come and get the ball off the defence and makes the whole defences life a hell of a lot easier and let them concentrate on defending, something which we did shockingly against Leeds.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoeDerby said:

Our best footballing centre half who passed it straight to the opposition (twice) in our first game of the season and looked uneasy for 90 minutes against Leeds. Yes.

If our best footballing centre-half is giving the ball away cheaply then you have to ask why. It’s been wel established that our midfield Saturday was totally non-existent.

Best footballing centre half or not, even 1 mistake like that per game can cost us points.

Is he really that good at playing from the back, or does he just try hard to?

Erm… yes… he’s been the instigator of most of our attack since Mac 2… 

I'd rather him concentrate on the basics first..

But the system is literally us attempting to play out from the back… 

I'd personally rather have a CDM (Huddlestone) that will happily come and get the ball off the defence and makes the whole defences life a hell of a lot easier and let them concentrate on defending, something which we did shockingly against Leeds.

The defence playing it around the back is what creates angles for the #6. The idea that the defenders should simply ‘give it’ to the midfield is archaic. We saw what happened in 15/16 when we had Shackell who couldn’t play much. Everybody marked Keogh and Thorne leaving Shackell and Warnock to play 100 passes between each other (Preston at home). 

What ever your opinion of Keogh, their are worse defenders out their that we are fortunate not to have in our ranks.

Yes made mistakes against Leeds,but who in the squad didnt?

non of the back four looked comfortable ,especially passing it across the back and bringing the ball out. So he wasn't alone.

certainly wasn't our worst / most ineffective player on the pitch. Ledley was totally ineffective the 1at half. At least Keogh made some good clearances and effective headers in our box.

what is your point by people having a continual cheap swipe at Keogh? We all know he isn't the world's best defender, he is human makes mistakes,probably not in exorbitant wages,isn't bleeding the club dry. Gives 100% week in week out, Never said anything against Derby or the Fans to deserve these cheap shots at his commitment or ability.

people want to get off his back, sure he is aware of his weaknesses, mistakes unlike a few on here.

if Keogh hadn't played sat, would the result have been any different.

The tactics,formation,squad is changing.Give the lads a chance before gurgatating your unprofessional opinion and scape  goating one particular player for a poor team performance.

And tell me one player in the squad with more commitment,LOYALTY to the Rams.

54 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

That is part of his job. I love seeing defenders bring the ball out, passing it out. Keogh has all the attributes to be a top defender except the decision making in key moments. Mistakes happen and I have no issue with them happening when trying to do the right thing. The reason Keogh has a thread about him once again is because some of the things he does are very difficult to justify. Call it the David James factor, or a lesser case of Titus Bramble...

Well when we have the other ten perfect players performing constantly you may have point

On 11/08/2018 at 20:58, MuespachRam said:

People hate on him because he is an easy target, because he is an absolute turgid footballer. 

He puts in a decent amount of effort but he just simply isn’t good enough. 

On Saturdays performance you could say that about half the squad,  so why pick out Keogh.

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

and we havn't been successful in any of those years.

He had his second best year in a Derby shirt last season when we didn't play from the back? 

If Lampard wasn't worried he wouldn't have brought Timori in, the whole defence was lost without Davies and a CDM to protect them.

Yes they have to make angles and this is 90% the CDM being in the right position and actually wanting the ball, Ledley isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet which resulted in Keogh looking for the wrong pass and doing it badly. 

1 minute ago, JoeDerby said:

and we havn't been successful in any of those years.

See, this is a tangent. Your initial argument that he isn’t that good on the ball, I’ve pointed out that he’s been our main instigator, success or lack of is irrelevant.

He had his second best year in a Derby shirt last season when we didn't play from the back? 

For the first half of last season he was the player that sped up play. We were always one paces until Keogh carried it and tried to instigate an attack. We didn’t on the whole play it out from the sick but Keogh was given licence to do so.

If Lampard wasn't worried he wouldn't have brought Timori in, the whole defence was lost without Davies and a CDM to protect them.

Worried about what? The defence would have been lost with Davies anyway. We would still have had Leeds popping up with spare men all over the show and Saiz constantly having a free run at the defence. 

Yes they have to make angles and this is 90% the CDM being in the right position and actually wanting the ball, Ledley isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet which resulted in Keogh looking for the wrong pass and doing it badly. 

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Being linked with, and an offer being made are very different things. Being linked with can purely be lazy journalism, agent pushing for a new contract at Derby, or even those clubs pushing out Keogh interest to take eyes off where their genuine interest lay. 

6 years of being "the best centre half in the Championship" and not one offer. 

2 hours ago, Bigfella said:

How do you know this?

He doesn’t, but he’s on the bandwagon and nothing’s going to stop it rolling. 

5 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

The thing is you are stating things without backing them up but expect others to substantiate their views!

0936ECA8-83CC-4E5D-BDAA-F8A356AC25B7.jpeg

OK. I dont believe we have received an offer for him, due to the reasons I have listed earlier. 

Now why do you believe we have?

6 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Did I mention a goal. Re read the passage of text and come back.

You didnt, but when Keogh wasn't exactly responsible for any of the goals conceeded, think it's a rather cheap shot to slate the player before others.

don't know what your employment is but sure you don't appreciate being slated at work because of other people's poor performances .

22 minutes ago, Moist One said:

anyone who said after 2014 @ Wembley "we won't get promoted whilst Keogh is here" has been proven correct.

So your suggesting the only reason we haven't been promoted is because of Keogh. ????

that must be the most ludicrous ideology posted in the history of this forum.

27 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

You didnt, but when Keogh wasn't exactly responsible for any of the goals conceeded, think it's a rather cheap shot to slate the player before others.

don't know what your employment is but sure you don't appreciate being slated at work because of other people's poor performances .

Well when my work performances have been okay, with a lot of hiccups over a varied amount of time I would expect to be spoken too or warned. I’m ex army now a electrician.

It was a poor performance but let’s say that reading chap had finished the chance that Keogh had passed to him, or the counter when Keogh gave the ball due to him Thinking he had 15 minutes on the ball to seek a worldie pass, the drop Keogh shout would be much louder

Archived