Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh has been an excellent player for Derby, but he’s had a bad start to the season. We’re only two games in, mind. I thought that Tomori was good, so when Davies is back then Keogh should be on the bench. He’ll no doubt prove his worth over the season and win his place back. I have no doubts about that. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh has been an excellent player for Derby, but he’s had a bad start to the season. We’re only two games in, mind. I thought that Tomori was good, so when Davies is back then Keogh should be on the bench. He’ll no doubt prove his worth over the season and win his place back. I have no doubts about that. 

How bad has he been? As you say two games, one we won. This is all obsessive scapegoating!

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How bad has he been? As you say two games, one we won. This is all obsessive scapegoating!

It's not really scapegoating to say Keogh has been sub-par so far this season. He was by no means the reason we lost to Leeds, but he didn't play well either. It is reasonable to expect more from him.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's not really scapegoating to say Keogh has been sub-par so far this season. He was by no means the reason we lost to Leeds, but he didn't play well either. It is reasonable to expect more from him.

Don’t pretend to be naive Keogh wasn’t the worst of our players and didn’t give goals away. It’s obsessive scapegoating.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don’t pretend to be naive Keogh wasn’t the worst of our players and didn’t give goals away. It’s obsessive scapegoating.

You're ignoring what I said. I never said Keogh was the worst of our players. But he also wasn't good in either game. It's not scapegoating at all, because I don't blame Keogh for the losses. It was a mixture of tactical errors and some poor performances. 

Just now, Andicis said:

You're ignoring what I said. I never said Keogh was the worst of our players. But he also wasn't good in either game. It's not scapegoating at all, because I don't blame Keogh for the losses. It was a mixture of tactical errors and some poor performances. 

The thread is full of obsessive Keogh blaming, you’re just trying to rationalise it - why choose Keogh then?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The thread is full of obsessive Keogh blaming, you’re just trying to rationalise it - why choose Keogh then?

It is valid to criticise someone for lower performances, I've never agreed with Keogh haters who have always hated him since Wembley. However, I do think you can say he's started the season poorly. I didn't choose Keogh, I'm just using Keogh as the example as he's in the thread. For what it's worth, I think the tactics leaving Keogh exposed were to blame mainly.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

It is valid to criticise someone for lower performances, I've never agreed with Keogh haters who have always hated him since Wembley. However, I do think you can say he's started the season poorly. I didn't choose Keogh, I'm just using Keogh as the example as he's in the thread. For what it's worth, I think the tactics leaving Keogh exposed were to blame mainly.

Choose someone else then. As I said you’re just trying to rationalise it. It’s the start of the season. This game has two young defenders in the back four, but let’s get at Keogh... #whatever

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This is it. All of his mistakes have been giving the ball away cheaply.

At which point you have to ask; why is the best ball-playing centre-half we’ve had in years consistently giving the ball away? 

On 11/08/2018 at 20:49, TomBustler1884 said:

I don't hate on Keogh ever, however I thought he had a poor game today positionally and was caught far too often wanting time when there wasnt any.

Wasnt the worst though.

Yes, totally agree. It's all a bit anxious on the pitch. Lampard needs to get them settled down. 

I think when things aren’t going to plan he over compensates and feels it up to him to change games and get the Rams on the front foot.  Because of this he becomes isolated and try’s to pick passses that he shouldn’t as well as being out of position due to his forward runs.

he does this because he cares. Frank needs to tell him that. I still think he is a good player and i would have him in my team. 

So much hatred on Keogh, it's like people have not been able to have a go at him for a couple of seasons because he's played so well, they've been bottling it up for so long, then a couple of mistakes (that didn't actually lead to goals) and boom, it's open season on Keogh.

Similar situation with Maclaren, after a year of us winning, a perceived slight when Newcastle made an enquiry, and bang, you're not getting away with that one.

Fill your boots lads and lasses, make sure you hate on him more than anyone else, because that's what sets you apart from everyone else as a true fan.

29 minutes ago, cannable said:

At which point you have to ask; why is the best ball-playing centre-half we’ve had in years consistently giving the ball away? 

Just to be picky as an example, he got tackled and lost the ball dribbling out, he was too busy moaning and left us woefully exposed. I accept the risks of passing and dribbling out of defence but I don't accept moaning when the ball is in play and you could still influence play. No desire to rectify his mistake, too busy blaming someone else. Not taking responsibility. Don't want that in a senior player. Davies has made his mistakes, but he doesn't shift blame, he makes the effort to recover. 

Maybe that is being picky but things like that can undo all the good. 

As I've said before, irrespective of your thoughts on Keogh it's so strange that a player who has made 250+ appearances for the club could polarise fan opinion so much. I can't recall another Rams player that has ever had this effect.

Personally I don't hate him - that would be excessive and ridiculous - but I've always regarded him as severely limited.

He has to have a shielding midfielder or he looks poor, he has to have an experienced partner next to him or he looks poor, and he has to play as the right sided centre half and everyone else just has to accommodate him.

If he was as good as some of our fans think he is, why hasn't a lower half Prem team ever seriously considered him? Most of them would happily spend £5m or whatever it would take to sign him if they thought he might earn them even 3 pts.

9 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

If he was as good as some of our fans think he is, why hasn't a lower half Prem team ever seriously considered him? Most of them would happily spend £5m or whatever it would take to sign him if they thought he might earn them even 3 pts.

Off the top of my head I seem to recall him being linked with Burnley, Newcastle and Brighton.

I can’t stand Carson, with his wobbly teeth and dodgy haircut. He’s a carp goalkeeper who’s always got a mistake in him. Ever since he signed ive been waiting for him to screw up so I can abuse him. Unfortunately he hasn’t yet, so I’m having to bide my time, but when he does, boy is he gonna get it. Cause I’m a proper Derby fan me, hating your own players shows how much you care. 

9 hours ago, cannable said:

Indeed, while he may be having a mare and catching some vitriol currently, it wont be a patch on the meltdown if two head it and kick it CB's came in and completely bypassed the creativity Frank has bought in to play in the middle of the park.

Playing how we intend to will bring these issues all day long. Look back through the last 4 years and count how many times lines have been played through by our CB's.

Its has nearly always been Keogh doing it. Bucko did it a bit but he was more of a sprayer into channels.

But yeah, get Davies and Pearce on the job what can go wrong.

Tomori looks good tbf, but in reality he will just become the new Keogh, its the nature of the beast.

Tup three!

Archived