The call we DON'T want on Deadline Day...

StarterForTen

It's been an exciting window so far - and I think much has been achieved - but I can't help thinking there is a twist in the tale to come.

My fear is if we get a PL club coming out of left field for Tom Lawrence tomorrow because I bet a pend to a penny he's on a few clubs' target list. If they don't get primary targets and things get desperate, I could see some attention coming his way.

I would say he is our most important player now and, hopefully, is in line for a big season.

Best unlock that cupboard they kept Anya in for much of last season (is he back in there?) and stick TL in for 24 hours. Just to be on the safe side.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

It's been an exciting window so far - and I think much has been achieved - but I can't help thinking there is a twist in the tale to come.

My fear is if we get a PL club coming out of left field for Tom Lawrence tomorrow because I bet a pend to a penny he's on a few clubs' target list. If they don't get primary targets and things get desperate, I could see some attention coming his way.

I would say he is our most important player now and, hopefully, is in line for a big season.

Best unlock that cupboard they kept Anya in for much of last season (is he back in there?) and stick TL in for 24 hours. Just to be on the safe side.

safe as houses m8 he isnt prem quality yet

Think too much is happening at Derby for his head to be turned, obviously a big part of Frank's plans and he will know that. Should be a big season for him and he is still developing as a player. Where else better to do that than Derby at the moment. Yes sure he could do a tom ince and go to the premier league but for how long .

The call we don't want is for Carson or Davies, though I think it would tak a lot for them to leave and the loan window remains open until the end of the month. Lawrence looks to be improving, but we've got lots of other good options in his position.

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

You've nothing to fear. Very much doubt there are PL league clubs wanting to sign Lawrence. He's yet to fully prove himself as a consistent performer in the championship. 

Archived