v Reading (A) Man of the Match

Day

Reading (A) Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Well he bought the foul as he wasn’t actually touched and had no where to go ( I was on the halfway line, it was right in front of me) and he did all of his work in front of me. I just thought he had McShane on toast for speed but McShane kept out thinking him, a number of time he could have opened him up but McShane made sure he didnt.  Bennetts best work was when he was up against the left back and yes it was an excellent cross (which was when he went past the left back) Not saying he had a dog of a game I am saying that he has speed but no guile and yesterday we needed guile.

But we scored when he used his pace rather than guile! Perhaps McShane did have him sorted, but he at least realised that he had to make himself a bit of space and instead get at the left back. I'm not having a dig at you, I just feel that Mason's numbers suggest he had a good game. Sometimes a player will come up against an opponent who has him in his pocket. That player then has to find a way of getting out of it. Sessegnon last season was in Wisdom's pocket in the second leg, but still managed to escape sufficiently to score and give Fulham the initiative. Hopefully we'll see Mason's ability this season.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Well he bought the foul as he wasn’t actually touched and had no where to go ( I was on the halfway line, it was right in front of me) and he did all of his work in front of me. I just thought he had McShane on toast for speed but McShane kept out thinking him, a number of time he could have opened him up but McShane made sure he didnt.  Bennetts best work was when he was up against the left back and yes it was an excellent cross (which was when he went past the left back) Not saying he had a dog of a game I am saying that he has speed but no guile and yesterday we needed guile.

Except when we needed speed. 

Only joking

53 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

... but McShane kept out thinking him, a number of time he could have opened him up but McShane made sure he didnt. 

McShane out thought Nuge for the offside 'goal' too. You're a bit too damning of Bennett.

Krogh is a good player but only as pure central defender or even as a defensive central player in midfield could do.
But playing in both will never work because  playing in 4-3-3 formation with wingbacks demands just to take care of the defensive duties - especially when Davies most of the time is playing across the back 4 and isn't playing  creative balls up midfield.
We need a new a better right back and the we could move Wisbom in as central defense instead which he has proved he does really well.
Then we need to get Evans or Thorne in our central midfield instead of Huddlestone who is becoming to slow, and slow the play and too often lose the ball and put few tackles in.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Got to disagree.  No guile?  Bennett took the ball from the throw-in and used guile to turn their full back before using his pace to skin him and then no small amount of skill to produce that cross.  If we'd just signed him for 5mil you'd be screaming for him to start next game and as others have said how many times did Nugent have McShane on toast?

There are people who can play and people who can't.  Mason Bennett can play.

18 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Got to disagree.  No guile?  Bennett took the ball from the throw-in and used guile to turn their full back before using his pace to skin him and then no small amount of skill to produce that cross.  If we'd just signed him for 5mil you'd be screaming for him to start next game and as others have said how many times did Nugent have McShane on toast?

Got to agree bennett looked good when he came on their defenders looked frightened of him 

2 hours ago, trekkie_ram said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who went for Pearce. Only person who maintained a 100% leading position from coming onto the pitch, until the end of the game. No misplaced passes. Faultless defending.

Don't forget the clean sheet!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet he's been signed as a fullback.

Don't think he'd be as good as Keogh with the ball or in the air or tackling.

Didn’t say he was. Just answering your question, played a year at CB with rave reviews. He may have had a mare yesterday, but Keogh is a quality CB at this level. The only was I can see Wisdom at CB is if we play 3 at the back. Which I suspect we will do, especially against the weaker teams at home. 

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Watching from different places and saw different things, he is no where near a 5mil player. I dont have a problem with him its just his inexperience was evident against McShane, he did better against the inexperienced left back. Yes he is quicker than Nugent, yes it was a good cross.

I can only say what I saw from where I was at the ground and Inhad a perfect view of him and his work. People in the way section will not have . 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

McShane out thought Nuge for the offside 'goal' too. You're a bit too damning of Bennett.

Not really I think he has pace and power but is inexperienced, he also has an eye for goal, if he had a 34 yer old Nugent head on him then he would be a bigger threat than he is now.   

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

But we scored when he used his pace rather than guile! Perhaps McShane did have him sorted, but he at least realised that he had to make himself a bit of space and instead get at the left back. I'm not having a dig at you, I just feel that Mason's numbers suggest he had a good game. Sometimes a player will come up against an opponent who has him in his pocket. That player then has to find a way of getting out of it. Sessegnon last season was in Wisdom's pocket in the second leg, but still managed to escape sufficiently to score and give Fulham the initiative. Hopefully we'll see Mason's ability this season.

I agree with you, he did well against the left back, took him on and beat him and that cross from the goal was excellent also he bought his free kick (the reading player didnt touch him) again I dont mind that. I just think he can be a lot better (and yes he is ok now), he is young and ( as Wilson was doing) didnt always pick the right options when he had an experienced opponent 

19 minutes ago, europia said:

Really no stand out players, but I am giving it to Mason Bennet for producing the best cross put in by a DCFC player in many years. 

Hi hopes for MB this season. 

The lad as been with the Rams for 7 yrs, had lots of injuries (hoping that is not going to happen again). We had a striker at Derby a few years ago, who like Bennett had to wait a while before he got his run in the first team and when he got it, went on to score 20 goals. He also wasn't very tall and I'm on about Dean Sturridge.

45 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

The lad as been with the Rams for 7 yrs, had lots of injuries (hoping that is not going to happen again). We had a striker at Derby a few years ago, who like Bennett had to wait a while before he got his run in the first team and when he got it, went on to score 20 goals. He also wasn't very tall and I'm on about Dean Sturridge.

I hope so to.  However Sturridge went to Torquay for 10 matches and ripped every team a new arse , Bennetts been at Burton, Chesterfield and Bradford over the last three years and done not much so imagine we will be needing other options

Archived