v Reading (A) Man of the Match

Day

Reading (A) Man of the Match  

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might seem outrageous given he only played 20 minutes but I've gone for Mason.

Davies, Mount, Lawrence & Carson were all good but only in spurts while Bennett was easily the best player on the pitch in his short time on it.

Nobody stood out, didn't really think anyone had a stinker either (Keogh and Ledley a couple of individual errors but not overall bad). Struggled to choose but went for Mount because he tried to do the right things always, always looking to go forwards. Bennett was certainly the most influential but it is difficult to give someone motm for 20 minutes out of 90.

Mount for me, only one with a bit of calm the whole game through. Not fantastic, but he looked capable of creating something all game even if things didn’t always come off. Clearly has a lot of talent to be unlocked this season. Must mention Carson for some game saving saves too.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Nobody stood out, didn't really think anyone had a stinker either (Keogh and Ledley a couple of individual errors but not overall bad). Struggled to choose but went for Mount because he tried to do the right things always, always looking to go forwards. Bennett was certainly the most influential but it is difficult to give someone motm for 20 minutes out of 90.

Agree with this completely

Got to be Mount for me just because of how he took the second half a bit by the scruff of the neck, came deep and moved it forward.

If Bennett had played more of the game like that, it would have been him 100%. In hindsight, their defense would have never been able to deal with his athleticism and we'd probably have been better off starting him. But, hindsight is 20/20

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Disagree - what if he scored a hat trick in the last 20 mins? 

I gave it Bennett because without that cross we wouldn’t have won. 

I went for Carson because he made a couple of key saves in the period that we were struggling and was one of a few to remain calm. Whilst it’s still not perfect, I thought his distribution was better today and he was prepared to throw it or kick it quicker.

A Mount, Lawrence, Bennett 1,2,3 is very fair I think - regardless of the order. They were our only players who didn't have particularly shaky moments.

Carson, Bryson, Lowe were probably the best of the rest. 

Ledley and Keogh had mares. Davies wasn't far behind. 

4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Disagree - what if he scored a hat trick in the last 20 mins? 

I gave it Bennett because without that cross we wouldn’t have won. 

I didn't say it was impossible to give someone motm for 20 minutes, just difficult. If he had scored a hatrick I would have given it to him. He did very well in the time he was on the pitch. You couldn't have asked for more from him. However I feel that Mount over the full 90 minutes deserved motm. Your opinion is however more than acceptable.

Thought Mount had not excellent game as did Bryson, what you wouldn’t have see if you were not at the game was the amount of running Bryson did and how he was barking orders to the likes of Wilson to make sure he was in the right place. I’m so glad he is back with us. Bennett started well when he came on but McShane had him in his pocket, he had to much nouce for him, lovely cross though.

we need to gel and not leave ourselves exposed at the back, the full back bombed on at the wrong times leaving Keogh and Curtis exposed.

Reading were clever with the pitch it was so narrow 

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Thought Mount had not excellent game as did Bryson, what you wouldn’t have see if you were not at the game was the amount of running Bryson did and how he was barking orders to the likes of Wilson to make sure he was in the right place. I’m so glad he is back with us. Bennett started well when he came on but McShane had him in his pocket, he had to much nouce for him, lovely cross though.

we need to gel and not leave ourselves exposed at the back, the full back bombed on at the wrong times leaving Keogh and Curtis exposed.

Reading were clever with the pitch it was so narrow 

Really? In 20 minutes Bennett produced two excellent crosses (including setting up the winner) and drew a foul on the halfway line as he was about to escape purely from my diminishing memory. If he had played 90 minutes and achieved the same percentage of opportunities created we would be calling him the next Ronaldo.

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Really? In 20 minutes Bennett produced two excellent crosses (including setting up the winner) and drew a foul on the halfway line as he was about to escape purely from my diminishing memory. If he had played 90 minutes and achieved the same percentage of opportunities created we would be calling him the next Ronaldo.

Well he bought the foul as he wasn’t actually touched and had no where to go ( I was on the halfway line, it was right in front of me) and he did all of his work in front of me. I just thought he had McShane on toast for speed but McShane kept out thinking him, a number of time he could have opened him up but McShane made sure he didnt.  Bennetts best work was when he was up against the left back and yes it was an excellent cross (which was when he went past the left back) Not saying he had a dog of a game I am saying that he has speed but no guile and yesterday we needed guile.

Archived