Midweek games on Sky

ram59

As I understand it, in addition to the proper live games on Sky, there will be an additional 8 rounds of midweek games where All of the championship games will be available via the red button on the sky football channel. 

This is good news for those fans who otherwise wouldn't be going to these games. I wonder if it effects the live coverage on Rams TV? 

Is this the early steps towards live coverage of every game and how will it affect attendances? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Terrible news for attendances..

You already get season ticket holders these days who can't be arsed to go to cold night games in the winter. If thy're on TV it will be even worse.

I admit I missed a couple of cold rainy night games.  But it wasn’t because of the weather, it was the standard of football.

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

You already get season ticket holders these days who can't be arsed to go to cold night games in the winter. If thy're on TV it will be even worse.

I missed the whole of last season because I couldn't be arsed to go in the cold - the cold-hearted anti-football espoused by the hoofball-oriented manager, that is.

1 hour ago, Casio said:

Sounds too good to be true this, you got a link?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-201819

Confirmed here - all 8 midweek games on red button. Think that these games will also be on RamsTV. I'm intrigued to know if it will be the RamsTV broadcast shown on Sky or whether it will be their own commentators.

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

I know one person who has a season ticket and went to one game last season and couldn’t be bothered to go to the rest - this season he has renewed and I asked him if he was going to any games - he said probably not 

12 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-201819

Confirmed here - all 8 midweek games on red button. Think that these games will also be on RamsTV. I'm intrigued to know if it will be the RamsTV broadcast shown on Sky or whether it will be their own commentators.

Thought RamsTV could only show games that were not televised elsewhere?

9 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Thought RamsTV could only show games that were not televised elsewhere?

Different rules this season I believe. Still not seen confirmation from Derby that they'll be streaming these games to UK fans this season but other clubs are saying they will.

Guess it will be PPV rather than a subscription.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I know one person who has a season ticket and went to one game last season and couldn’t be bothered to go to the rest - this season he has renewed and I asked him if he was going to any games - he said probably not 

Must love the view from that seat.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Hope sky implode up thier own a@se! Won’t happen but I pray for that day. Ruining football day by day

There’s always winners  in these situations, and me as a long distance fan is one of them.

Sith Happens

Got to admit if its middle of December, minus 5 and we are on sky, i will probably find myself staying at home and watching on tv.

Archived